Help I Need To Know...

Decorating By Puppylove Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm by tonimarie

Puppylove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Puppylove Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if someone could tell me what to use for separating tiers when they sit one on top of the other. I am making a 3D Elmo cake for my daughters 1st birthday and he will be sitting on a flat rectangular cake. I don't want him to sink into the other cake....Anyone please help with this as her birthday is only 3 weeks away.TIA for your help.

4 replies
Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 5

put the elmo on a board and put dowels in the cake underneath him. could also put a dowel all the way thru both elmo and cake if you r worried he might topple over. good luck!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 5

I'm not sure what you are talking about but I've seen people sculpt cakes and they have cardboardboad circles and then dowels in between layers. As far as I can remember check out youtube. Elisa Strauss I believe has a video making a 3d sculpted cake.

But if you just mean placing a sculpted cake on top of a flat cake, dowels and cardboards would do.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 5

I think the previous poster's advise is the best,dowels will save the day.

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 5

I put my cakes on cardboard rounds. I was scared at first, because I thought the cardboard would get soggy, but it doesn't ! good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%