Hehe, My Husband Is Funny.

Decorating By MrsMabe Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm by MrsMabe

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 11:25am
post #1 of 7

So my DH saw me browsing cakes and I came across a tiered cake. He started asking me questions about how you support the tiers. I couldn't really answer much since I've never done a tiered cake. Anyway, so he tells me "Oh, I have a great idea! What if the bottom had like metal spikes coming out of the sides and you put the cake on that?"

I gave him a icon_confused.gif kind of look, so he "air draws" it on the table top. I was still confused. So he got pen and paper and actually drew it. He exactly drew a floating tiers set up. I laughed and said "they have that!" and did a quick search to show him. Now he's pouting because somebody already took "his great idea". icon_rolleyes.gif

6 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 11:59am
post #2 of 7

Hubbies.........ya gotta laugh sometimes icon_biggrin.gif I'm impressed that he came up with it though.
My DH has NO idea how I support my cakes even though he's been watching me for over 25 yrs icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 7

LOL...my husband is always coming up with weird contraptions and ways to rig things...it's kind of frustrating because I'll have some problem around the house and I'll go to Home Depot to buy stuff to fix it and I get home and he's already fixed it with two nails and a bit of double sticky tape!

But he does know exactly how to support the cake. Yesterday we were in Hobby Lobby and he overheard one woman telling another that she didn't need any support for a 3 tiered stacked cake, since she wasn't leaving empty space and pillars between the tiers. So he went over and told her that it would sink if she tried it, and got the package of plastic dowels that I use and explained to her about cutting the foamboard and how many dowels for what size of cake. It was really pretty cute...not just that he knew it, but that he couldn't stand for her to be misinformed about it.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 7

LOL OP! That so sounds like something my hubby would say too.

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 7

MrsMabe how funny is you husband,tell him to develpe something to make the cake float in the air like magic,at least it'll be original. hehe

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 7

Ah, but he had the idea to make them out of strong metal - not some flimsy plastic stuff!

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 7

Texas Rose, that is really neat that your husband cares so much about your hobby. Mine's the same way about rigging things. He's really good with the technical aspects of things. It's handy sometimes, irritating other times lol.

My husband has recently become fascinated by the things I can do with cake and frosting. I made an egg-in-a-basket cake for Easter, using MMF on the egg and basket handle. He's been bragging about me ever since and wants to understand how everything works. I know his enthusiasm will probably be short-lived, but it's nice while it lasts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%