Pan Sizes For 200 Servings

Decorating By tadawade Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 3:12am by indydebi

tadawade Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #1 of 7

I know there's got to be a thread on here on what size pans to use for a 200 serving round wedding cake but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? I am way out of my league on stacked cakes. I've only done a few. Anyone in Cincinnati wanna do a wedding cake for May 9?

6 replies
mirda6275 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:08am
post #2 of 7

Wedding Cakes are completely out of my league, but if you need help, or someone to talk cakes with in Cincy, let me know. I started doing cakes for family/friends and have taken the first 2 Wilton courses, starting the 3rd in a week or so. What (specifically) do you need help with for the wedding cake? Let me look around, maybe I can find the servings thread...

mirda6275 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #3 of 7

can't find what I'm looking for quickly. If I'm remembering correctly, the easiest way is to look at a serving chart (wilton's or one of the tempaltes in the gallery) and add up the servings per tier until you get to the number of servings you need. you can go off this chart, there are others, but this is what I found quickly

hth icon_biggrin.gif

tmt Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:20am
post #4 of 7

here is another popular cake chart.

mirda6275 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #5 of 7

tmt, thanks for that link! I viewed earlene's chart once, but misplaced the link and couldn't remember how to spell her name correctly to find it again! I will print that out and add it to my info. Question, what sized servings does this chart yield and can anyone better explain how they came up with the serving numbers in columns F & G?

tadawade Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7

Thanks mirda6275! Wedding cakes make me very nervous I have done only one and a few party stacked cakes. It's the stacking that terrifies me. Not to mention the one wedding cake that I did do was for family and it was a three tier that served about 140, I'm thinking that a 200 serving cake is four tiers and I'm terrified. It's not like you can just go to Kroger and pick up a last minute wedding cake if something happens.

indydebi Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 3:12am
post #7 of 7

Here's a few links I found that might help, too: (150-ish servings) (200 servings) (175-225 servings)

And don't worry about it being 4 tiers. If you can stack 3, then you can stack 4 ... or 5 .... or more. You'll be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%