Mint Ganache? Mint Smbc?

Baking By drakegore Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 12:36am by drakegore

drakegore Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 3

i have a little friend turning 6 in a month and he wants a chocolate cake with mint filling from me. i use smbc (which he loves...this is not his first birthday cake from me and he knows enough know to tell me exactly what he &@^&@^# detail, lol). so i can either flavor the smbc or make a mint ganache (are there other options that would go over well with the swinging six year old party crowd?) is what i am thinking.

what would give the best kid-friendly mint flavor in smbc? just a simple extract?

could i use andes mints instead of straight chocolate to make a ganache?

thank you!

p.s. and 12 days after this cake, my son turns six and wants a carved bakugan cake. shoot me now....

2 replies
prterrell Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:42am
post #2 of 3

For one of my nephew's birthdays he wanted chocolate cake with mint-chocolate chip filling. I added mint extract to my regular IMBC recipe and then folded in mini chocolate chips. It was fabu!

drakegore Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 3

thank you prterrell!

i might use that on my son - this would be perfect for him. the little boy on this cake doesn't want anything "crunchy" in his cake.
but if mint extract give a great taste in imbc then it would in smbc too.

if someone could let me know what they think about the mint ganache, i would be grateful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%