Disposable Piping Bags

Business By karateka Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 3:11am by littlecake

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 8

Hi-

I searched in the forums but couldn't find a post answering my question.

I hate my wilton disposable piping bags. Does anybody else know a good brand? I'd like it to be flexible and inexpensive. Also, I need some that are fairly small, say less than 12 inches if possible. I rarely have a need for anything bigger, and even my 12in bag is too big a lot of the time.

I have a few samples of kee-seal bags, and they are fine. But their website has 3 different levels of quality....ultra, plain, and economy. Now I'm a home baker, so I don't pipe as much as a huge storefront does, so I'm unsure if the cheaper bags would work for me.

Plus....I'm sure there are other brands out there. Would you help me find some you like?

7 replies
CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 8

It's kee-seal bags for me... I love them. If you have some samples, read the name on them, they are marked which is which..

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 8

kee-seal here too

karateka Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:20am
post #4 of 8

I checked the bags, and they have the kee seal name and a phone number and website, but nothing else. So I don't know what I have. The only other number on them doesn't match any of the order numbers on the website. icon_confused.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:03am
post #5 of 8

???? What is it that you hate about the Wilton bags?

I use them all of the time and I've never had a blowout or problem at all. I buy the large boxes with Michael's coupons, so they're dirt cheap. I just cut the 12" ones down when I need smaller ones. I pipe both royal and buttercream with them.

Just wondering....
Rae

karateka Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:56am
post #6 of 8

They seem really stiff and inflexible to me. I don't know.....they just bug me.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #7 of 8

Are you talking about the Wilton parchment bags or the Wilton clear plastic ones? The plastic ones ARE more flexible but more expensive. I usually stick with the parchment unless I'm in a rush or piping a whole lot.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #8 of 8

parchment from decopac is the way to go...I HATE those lil plastic bags..i got them when i was in a pich once.

the parchment bags from decopac are thicker, and bigger than the lil wimpy wilton bags.

i had a couple bad blow outs with the wilton plastic and paper.

plus plastic is so dang slippery....i think the parchment 18 inch bags are about 20 bucks for 500 of them....i don't know how anyone decorates without them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%