Stacking Cakes In The Freezer

Decorating By idjitmom Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm by kakeladi

idjitmom Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 6

After cakes have been frozen (solid), is it ok to stack them up while they're still in the freezer? I have a big cake coming up next week that I'm starting to bake for & am going to need to do this..

5 replies
grama_j Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

I do it all the time, but make SURE that bottom cake is really frozen, otherwise you will "squish" it........( that is tech talk from my 3 year old great grandson )

ptanyer Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 6

I don't see any harm in stacking them. I stack them in my refrigerator after they good and cold and haven't hady any problems with them. As a matter of fact, I think it helps in flattening out the top a little. I am going to be doing the same thing you are and actually bought my freezer to do that when I need to. Good luck icon_smile.gif

tonimarie Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 6

as long as they are frozen well, it wont hurt a thing! icon_smile.gif

VS8894 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:48am
post #5 of 6

Are you just using a regular freezer? Or a deep freeze? I have been wanting to try to start freezing my cakes, but I only have room in my deep freeze.

Also, what type of wrapping do you use? Foil then saran or the other way around?

Thanks for any info.

Vicki

kakeladi Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 6

........only have room in my deep freeze. .........type of wrapping do you use? Foil then saran or the other way around? ........

A deep freezer is perfect!
Definitely wrap the cake in plastic wrap 1st - never foil 1st.
If the cake is only going to be in the fzr say a week or two all I do is pop it into a plastic bag.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%