Everything Is Right With The World

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 1:53pm by bcake1960

jillmakescakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 9

Check out my day:
I'm in my new bakery (open for 3 months)
I have room to work and put all my supplies
I'm enjoying my lunch (leftover spaghetti, don't know why, but I LOVE IT),
I have just the right amount of cake orders
The cakes are coming along right on schedule and look good
I'm not stressing out about the orders
My youngest is at home with his aunt and cousin having a great time
The weather is gorgeous
DH called at lunch just to say I love you
All of my bakery bills have been paid and THERE IS MONEY LEFT!!!!

Sometimes I just like to sit back and smile and try to burn this memory into my brain to take out when I need it on a rough day. icon_biggrin.gif
Anyone else having a good day?

8 replies
-Tubbs Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 9

Lovely to hear someone taking time to smell the roses. Good for you thumbs_up.gif
Yea, my day's ok. My St George and the Dragon cake turned out cute and my parents were thrilled with it. My nephew's guitar cake is going well so far. My house guests are moving out tonight (best friends, but still, after 2 months, ya know... party.gif ), and hey, it's the weekend!

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 9

Good for you Jill....made me smile after leaving one of those other crappy pricing threads...they never stay civil. Gives me a headache!

But yes...having a great day! Waiting on a contract to come in ona super expensive order-woohoo!! Getting ready to go bake for a tasting event tomorrow afternoon, made some caramel SMBC last night that is to die for....printing up some new biz cards, looking forward to the professional photog coming to the tasting tomorrow to photograph my setup....YAY!!! Should be a great day/weekend, etc.

Hope yours continues on the merry path it is on! icon_smile.gif

classiccake Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 9

Good for you Jill....especially the part about money left over! icon_biggrin.gif

It is really nice when you are "in the zone."

cutthecake Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:49am
post #5 of 9

I love to hear good news! Unfortunately, there's never enough of it. Enjoy your good fortune!

littlecake Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:52am
post #6 of 9

i'm in my OLD bakery...
stuff is piled up everywhere...
nothing but 2 vaults for lunch...
WAY too many cake orders....
cakes look good but i'm way behind...due to too many drop by customers...THAT STAYED WAY TO LONG...and a crazy salesman i thought i was gonna have to kill.
StReSsEd OuTtTtT
but
made enought money to get a new roof this month,
AND
had some leftover spaghetti for dinner(i love it too)
and...i'm picking up a new adopted pug (Spanky) on monday...excited about dat.

this has been an awful day....
crazy customer stayed talking non stop for at least an hour,
scarey salesman stayed too long too...till i finally told him.."dude, i aint gonna buy yer crazy soap...(kinda reminded me of micheal douglas in the movie "falling down")

then another custmer was hacked off cause her cake had pink on it...(i redid it in about 10 minutes...but i did NOT need that today...

running far behind, so i closed up and am going 90 to nutin to catch up...who comes banging on the door?

yappy customer from earlier in the day...HAD TO SHOW ME HER FLOWERS FROM HOBBY LOBBY...and yap 15 more minutes

i finally told them i had to work...they said, "oh go ahead, and continued to stand there watching me as i zip around, like they were watching ace of cakes...and commenting to each other about how fast i could do stuff...i finally spelled it out and told them they needed to leave so i could work, the daughter went to the car...momkept staying to watch the show.

ugh, finally home, i need to go back, but i won't.

anyhoo...."they all lived happily ever after.

Monkess Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:20pm
post #7 of 9

littlecake-you are so funnyicon_smile.gif
I hope u rest well and have a wonderful day today!
And Jill I hope you good luck charm keeps working more and more!!!

Rylan Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 9

I'm glad you had a wonderful day.

I woke up
I ate
I took a shower

bcake1960 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 1:53pm
post #9 of 9

Yeah.. for you Jill! I love your post! gratitude is wonderful! There was a saying on a calendar I kept..

"One single most grateful thought, raised to Heaven is the most perfect prayer"..

Sounds like you have it down! Keep enjoying those moments when they come to you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%