Need A Cookies & Cream Filling

Baking By Lisaa1996 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 4:59pm by Lisaa1996

Lisaa1996 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 8

I know it may be very basic but I am just starting out and I am wondering if anyone has a good Cookies & Cream filling recipe. It is going between chocolate cakes. Possibly one that does not have to be kept cold but either way is fine.
Thanks so much!!!!

7 replies
susanscakecreations Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 8

Welcome! I know you will probably get more answers than this, but what I do is just throw some Oreos in my food processor and mix it with can make them any size you want, chunky or very small...........everyone seems to love it!!!! (Oreo ANYTHING is good!!!!!LOL!!!)
Hope this helps!

pouchet82 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 8

I had a good one, but I keep it refrigerated- It is from the Kraft website
1 package cream cheese
1/2 granulated sugar
2 cups whipped topping (I use dream whip, recipe calls for cool whip)
12 crushed oreos

cream together bream cheese and sugar
stir in whipped topping
fold in oreos

cakechiq Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 8

Try this one it doesn't need refrigerated!

i_heart_pastry Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 8

I also add chopped oreos to my buttercream (I like the double stuff best!). Easy-peasy!

Lisaa1996 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 8

You guys all rock! Thanks for helping this Newbie out! icon_smile.gif

luv_to_decorate Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #7 of 8

You can also use the whipped bette-r-cream and crushed oreo cookies. I made cupckes using the whipped icing and crushed oreos. I did a filling in the cupcakes with chocolate pudding and whipped icing. The whipped icing doesn't have to be refrigerated either. But the buttercream is good too if you are already using buttercream icing.

Lisaa1996 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 4:59pm
post #8 of 8

Any thoughts on if the cookies will get soft and mushy if I make the cake the day before? I really don't want to be scambling tomorrow morning to get it done just to keep the cookies from getting soggy icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%