Let's Dress Alike!!!!!!!!!!!

Baking By JGMB Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 3:14pm by chefjulie

JGMB Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:33am
post #1 of 19

Okay, did that title catch your attention? I just saw this T-shirt that I thought any woman who wields a rolling pin needs . . . cookie makers, pie bakers, fondant users, etc.

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/thats-how-i-roll-organic-womens-tshirt/367864543

Who's with me??? thumbs_up.gif Oh, come on, somebody . . . ? Anyone. . .? icon_wink.gif

18 replies
G_Cakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:46am
post #2 of 19

LOL count me in but I want the wife beater t-shirt LOL

playingwithsugar Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:57am
post #3 of 19

It would go well with my current avatar icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

pastryjen Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:59am
post #4 of 19

Those are cute!

solascakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:01pm
post #5 of 19

I'll have one of those please,in fact i'll have one each.So who's paying ?.

KKC Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:02pm
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLizzy

I like the wife beater shirt also...

MissLizzy...there are some people here who may not know what a wife beater t-shirt is icon_lol.gif and they are probably thinking...what the hell is she talking about a wife beater t-shirt and why is it called that. icon_rolleyes.gif For those of you that don't know...A wife beater t-shirt is the sleeveless tank top shirts that is mainly worn by guys underneath their shirts. It was nicknamed that by a popular Hip Hop artist.

underthesun Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:07pm
post #7 of 19

wife beater shirt - you really do learn something new here on CC everyday! lol

Tortess Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 19

Those are really cute - but a bit pricey for my taste.

solascakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:17pm
post #9 of 19

I didn't see the wife beater one just the roll one, i'll check again

Rylan Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:19pm
post #10 of 19

Do they make one for men?

JGMB Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:21pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Do they make one for men?

Yes, they do, actually!!! They have them for kids and babies, too. There are also magnets, and I think even aprons.

P.S. - That site is also where I got my "crazy-eyed cupcake dog" t-shirt! LOL

mommabear Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:28pm
post #12 of 19

I Love that sight! They have gotten expensive though. If you type baking into search they have several different sayings. I want one of each!!! LOL

solascakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:36pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKC

Quote:

MissLizzy...there are some people here who may not know what a wife beater t-shirt is icon_lol.gif and they are probably thinking...what the hell is she talking about a wife beater t-shirt and why is it called that. icon_rolleyes.gif For those of you that don't know...A wife beater t-shirt is the sleeveless tank top shirts that is mainly worn by guys underneath their shirts. It was nicknamed that by a popular Hip Hop artist.

Oh okay,wife beater.Never heard of him.

KKC Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 5:10pm
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKC

Quote:

Oh okay,wife beater.Never heard of him.

No, the rapper (i don't wanna put his name out there) wasn't named Wife Beater..thats what he started calling the t-shirts...sorry if i confused anyone.

tamarawagner99 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:07pm
post #15 of 19

I love that shirt! Actually, I would prefer the tank top (wife beater) as well, but it is a little more than I would typically pay for a tank top... Especially a novelty one. Maybe i'll ask for one for Christmas or next b-day.

I would have thought the term wife beater as used for a tank top has been around longer than the rapper (who shall remain nameless) has been famous. There are other theories that it was named because of Marlon Brando's character in a Streetcar Named Desire - sad to say I haven't yet seen it. Did he beat his wife in it? - or that it was because of Ike Turner. Apparently he was always wearing a wife beater. But the unnamed rapper was thought to be a wife beater as well. So who knows!?!

KKC Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:22pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarawagner99

I love that shirt! Actually, I would prefer the tank top (wife beater) as well, but it is a little more than I would typically pay for a tank top... Especially a novelty one. Maybe i'll ask for one for Christmas or next b-day.

I would have thought the term wife beater as used for a tank top has been around longer than the rapper (who shall remain nameless) has been famous. There are other theories that it was named because of Marlon Brando's character in a Streetcar Named Desire - sad to say I haven't yet seen it. Did he beat his wife in it? - or that it was because of Ike Turner. Apparently he was always wearing a wife beater. But the unnamed rapper was thought to be a wife beater as well. So who knows!?!

As a previous poster said...u learn something new here everyday. Isn't it funny though how the younger generation makes something famous that was already made famous back in the day...and of course the younger generation won't know because we're not that open minded. Thats somthing to think about.

JGMB..i am so sorry for hijacking your thread. icon_redface.gif But my number 1 choice for this would be the Wife beater t-shirt...because I live in Florida and its always hot and not to mention i hate wearing things with sleeves. I honestly can't see myself paying that much for a tank top though but its just so darn cute!

KookieKris Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:32pm
post #17 of 19

Okay ~ that shirt is pretty darn cute!!

milissasmom Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:50pm
post #18 of 19

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta have it

chefjulie Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:14pm
post #19 of 19

UGH! I want the wife beater, but it only comes in WHITE! I have a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old and Im a baker, white does NOT happen around here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%