Cupcake Lines Falling Off

Baking By letem_eat_cakes Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 12:51am by l_m_mena

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:20am
post #1 of 7

my cupcake liners ALWAYS fall off. icon_cry.gif How do i stop this from happening?

6 replies
pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 7

They fall off by themselves?? Wow - I've never had that happen. What kind of cupcake are you baking? It may not have ingredients in it that adhere to the liners. I assume these are typical cupcake papers, not silicon or something? I've never used the silicon cups.

Sorry they are giving you so much trouble!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 7

Are you leaving the cupcakes in the pan to cool, make sure you remove the cupcakes as soon as they come out of the oven, and I don't think it will happen.

Criola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Criola Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 7

That happens only if I don't remove the cupcakes from the pan immediately after I take them out of the oven...I think it creates moisture when left in the pan to cool...hope this helps =)

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:38am
post #5 of 7

pipercakes: yes they fall off by themselves, before i pick them up to ice them. and yes i use the regualr liners.

cathyscakes & Criola: i will try that the next time i do cupcakes. thanks so much.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 7

I find if I use a recipe that's too oily, sometimes I have problems with the liners coming loose.

l_m_mena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l_m_mena Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:51am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyscakes

Are you leaving the cupcakes in the pan to cool, make sure you remove the cupcakes as soon as they come out of the oven, and I don't think it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criola

That happens only if I don't remove the cupcakes from the pan immediately after I take them out of the oven...I think it creates moisture when left in the pan to cool...hope this helps =)

THANK YOU!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I usually don;t have this problem, but last week I made some cupcakes and they were very soft, so I left them on the pan to cool. Next day, when I went to ice the, the paper was falling off and I couldn't for the life of me figure what had happened. After reading this it is obvious!!!

I baked new cuppies today and took them out of the pan even though they were soft, and the lines are staying in place perfectly.

One more time: Thank you!!! party.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%