Do I Need Cakeboards For This????

Decorating By KrisD13 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 9:40am by veejaytx

KrisD13 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 7:29am
post #1 of 7

I am making a bustier cake tomorrow, and was just wondering if I need cardboard under the ....umm.....boobs?

And while I'm at it....how do you make them so round? I bought the mini wondermold pan and they are more Madonna-cone-boob shaped than I expected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

Kristine

6 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 7:46am
post #2 of 7

I am not sure on the cardboard but to make the boobs more round I would use the sports ball pan from wilton.

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:22am
post #3 of 7

You can bake them in an oven-safe bowl if you want them more round, or use the sports ball pan. I think you could manage without cardboard.

solascakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:52am
post #4 of 7

I do not think you need a cardboard under the boobs at all, you can also bake the boobs in a pyrex oven safe bowl.

brincess_b Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:02am
post #5 of 7

i used a set of round cookie cutters to cut circles of cake, stacked them and carved a bit. came out pretty good i think. and i didnt use cardboard either, but i guess the bigger the boobs the more you might want to consider it!
xx

KrisD13 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:18am
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone, for the super quick replies.

lol....it's not necessarily bigger, but rounder that I'm after....I was hoping I wouldn't need to make them soooo big that I'd HAVE to use cakeboards.

Thank you again for the all the info. icon_biggrin.gif

Kristine

veejaytx Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:40am
post #7 of 7

I once used the mini wondermold pan and trimmed them down so they weren't so tall and pointy. I'd also recommend softening the lines at the base, so they don't just look pasted on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%