Where To Get This Cookie Cutter?

Baking By tujy Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm by GeminiRJ

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:23am
post #1 of 9

hii all,

does anyone know where i can get a cutter that is the shape of a car (but from the back of the car) kinda like this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancydidion/286877338/in/set-72157594167617683/

8 replies
beenzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenzee Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:29am
post #2 of 9

I know Nancy makes her own cutters for a lot of her cookies.
There are tutorials online for doing just that, and that shape seems pretty do-able.
How many do you have to make? When I need a special shape, I roll out the dough, freeze it, and then cut the shape out with a small paring knife.
Obviously, if you have to do 100 of them, that won't be much fun.

HTH
Good luck!

tujy Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 9

i was just thinking of doing that design for my sister's wedding (about 200 would be needed). so i was hoping to find a cutter rather than cut them out by hand. i've bn wanting to make a cutter for a while now, but i just hven't bn able to find the right metal...yet!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 9

This one at Kitchengifts.com is really close, don't you think? All you'd have to do is trim the sides down a teeny bit and square up the wheels when you ice...

http://www.kitchengifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CACLO&Category_Code=

thumbs_up.gif

Edited to add:

What a dork I am! icon_rolleyes.gif I actually have this cutter from them and I used it for Herbie cars years ago. The shape would be so close as a back view of a car. Here's a pic of what I used it for...
LL

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 9

tujy if you are having problem finding the metal you can use soda cans or beer cans to make you own cutter HTH thumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 9

What a CUTE cookie cutter! That's just adorable! And Antonia74 found one like it! That's awesome!

tujy Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:55am
post #8 of 9

thanks for the replies guys. i like the soda can idea (although i can picture myself needing alot of bandaids from cutting them up). i will check out that website aswell antonia74 (fingers crossed the postage is cheap) icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #9 of 9

I'm doing a bunch of similar cookies for my niece's wedding this fall. I played around with the design, and came up with a template that has fairly simple lines. I'm not going to do all the detail in Nancy's cookies (I'd go mad after 100 of them!), but I plan to stretch the baking process out over a couple weeks. So....making a template and cutting them out by hand won't be too bad. I hope.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%