Anyone Have The Most Recent "woman's Day" Magazine

Decorating By FlourPots Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 3:39pm by linedancer

FlourPots Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:26am
post #1 of 9

On the cover are old school type snack cakes, including little coffee cakes (the ones that come 2 to a pack at the store), Twinkies, Snowballs, and the chocolate ones w/ the white squiggly line.

The recipes for each are inside the magazine...I made the coffee cakes a few days ago and they were amazing. Actually, at first I put a Post-It on the page with some tweaks...more sugar, lower oven temp b/c the crumbs were a tad hard, more cinnamon...
I placed them in a covered bowl and left them on the counter overnight where something great happend...they morphed into the perfect little cakes...they tasted exactly like the store bought...the crumbs softened, the flavors came together...I'm telling you...I don't intend to change a thing anymore.

I want to make them right now, but can't find the stupid magazine...I think it got thrown out accidentally. I plan to buy another tomorrow because I want ALL the recipes, but right now I need someone to assist with the ingredient amounts. I'll post what I recall if anyone has the mag...please let me know.

8 replies
Deb_ Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:54am
post #2 of 9

It's actually in the April Family Circle, here you go......

Coffee Crumb Cakes

1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 tsp bak pow
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 lg eggs
1/3 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp van

1/4 cup packed dk brown sug
1/4 cup gran sug
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
1 cup AP flour

Heat oven to 350 Coat 12 muffin cups w/non stick spray and dust w/flour

combine flour, bp,and salt in a med size bowl. Whisk to blend.

beat butter and sugar in a large bowl til light and fluffy about 3 min. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until smooth. Add flour mixture alternating with milk until just blended. Stir in vanilla.

Divide batter evenly in pan about 1/4 cup each.

Topping....combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a med size bowl. Stir in melted butter. Add flour and rub mixture with hands to make crumb topping. Mixture should clump together and form little balls. Sprinkle topping over batter in the cups about 1 heaping tablespoon for each.

Bake until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean 15 to 20 min. Cool completely on wire rack.

Per crumb cake 299 calories, 14g fat, 4g protein, 40g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 76 mg sodium, 69 mg cholesterol.

Deb sorry if there are any type-o's, I tried to copy it fast.

FlourPots Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:10am
post #3 of 9

That's it, and boy was I wrong on a few guesses, I'm glad I waited...

I'm off to bake icon_biggrin.gif .

Deb_ Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:10am
post #4 of 9

Oh you're welcome, I'm glad I could help. You actually reminded me that I had wanted to try a couple of these recipes, I had forgotten about them. If you want any of the other recipes, just let me know I'll be happy to pass them along.

Enjoy your weekend!
Deb icon_smile.gif

linedancer Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:09pm
post #5 of 9

FlourPots Here is a link to the recipes:

I just copied and pasted them into Word, and filed into my recipe file.HTH

FlourPots Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 1:24pm
post #6 of 9

dkelly...I did want all the recipes, but before I had you type all that up, I would've re-purchased the magazine. Thanks so much for the offer...really.

And linedancer...thanks to you, I don't even have to re-buy...

You people are wonderful icon_smile.gif

linedancer Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 9

FlourPots, you are welcome. I see you are a Gators fan, are you located in Fl? Please PM me if you don't want to reveal your location here. I would like to know if we are close icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 9

Well, I'm definitely not a Gators fan, I don't like football at all actually, LOL

The helmet was for my nephew. He's obsessed with football and dreams of being a Gator one day.

I'm in N. FL...transplanted from Brooklyn, NY.

linedancer Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 9

Not so very close then icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%