Which Fondant Is Best?

Decorating By Cat30 Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 12:42am by JenniferMI

Cat30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cat30 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I'm a novice to cake decorating. Have been doing my kids cakes for forever. I just started selling them to friends, coworkers, and acquaintances. I have taken cake decorating classes. So far the only fondant I have worked with is the Wilton brand and don't care for it. I have also tried to make my own out of marshmallow and did not care for it either. Any suggestions for which ones are better or any great recipes for good tasting fondant? I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cathy

3 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 10:38am
post #2 of 4

I personally have tried Satin Ice and it was ok. I've had great times and had bad times. I would suggest Jennifer Dontz homemade recipe. She uses ready made fondant and adds something in it. I believe it is chocolate. You would have to talk to her about it.

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 4

I have used Jen's recipe for chocolate fondant. It uses white chocolate and fondant. She recommends Pettinice but I made it with Satin Ice and it worked fine.

I have heard that the new Satin Ice is not quite as nice to work with but her recipe is the bomb and you should try it. www. jennifer dontz. com (no spaces) You can get her there or she is JenniferMI here. icon_smile.gif

I just got orders from GSA and Jen and I feel like a kid at Christmas. icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:42am
post #4 of 4

Hi!

Satin Ice (from what I understand) is hit and miss with my semi-homemade recipe. The consistency of the Satin Ice can very from batch to batch. I've always had wonderful results using Pettinice Ice.

I'm glad you gals like my recipe icon_smile.gif I would never use anything but white chocolate fondant.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%