Where Do U Buy Your Ingredients & Paper Products

Business By notjustcake Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 7:15pm by patticakesnc

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 7

I'm asking because Sam's Club is not real cheap it just sells in bulk which save well gas, in trips to the sotre again and again, but I was wondering, if you would share how much you pay for things and where do you find cheaper eggs, butter and sugar and such for example
Sams' sells here where I live a 4 sticks blocks of butter in a package of 4 for almost $8
Podwered sugar generic brand almost $4 for a 7 lb bag.
I'm wondering where you all get cake flour a box here costst me $2.38 I'm sorry but that's expensive!
Eggs not really sure where to buy them real cheap like I said Sam's is not always cheaper.

Also I'm wondering where I can buy fondant cheaper, I still buy my pettinice in a cake supply store pretty pricey stuff. Where can I find all those things from the cake supply store online? Can I buy them cheaper?
Boxes,boards and cover for boards? The other day I bought a roll of paper for my baords for $12!!!!
I'm having a hard time figuring out my cost for cakes because I'm not quite sure what I am spending.

Thanks in advance

6 replies
4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 7

Do you have a resale license? That is a biggie as far as wholesale pricing.

If not...fondant is a great price at www.globalsugarart.com and also at jester's. Paper goods at www.papermart.com or www.brpboxshop.com.

If so, check www.ckproducts.com or www.linneasinc.com . Adorable cupcake liners can be found at www.vikingimporting.com (actually, I don't think you need your resale license for that one).

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much for all those links

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 7

I get my boxes and boards from a local paper supply company. That saves on shipping. I use foil to cover my boards...I go to Hobby Lobby when they have their 40% off Wilton and buy a few rolls. I can't really help with the eggs and stuff. I just get mine at Wal-Mart. I use homemade mmf. I don't really use enough to order a whole lot of it. HTH

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 7

If you have an Aldies Grocery store I'm always able to get butter, milk , sugar, eggs,cream cheese and powdered sugar much cheaper than Wal-mart. As far as board wrap, I use freezer paper, works great and is very cheap.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 7

i get all my eggs or free since my mother in law has a arm icon_smile.gif not to mentin they are all natural and organic icon_smile.gif everything else i either buy at wallmart or the craft stores when i have 50% coupons.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 7

I buy mine different places as well. I found that really buying at Sams was not cheaper...believe it or not. The butter 4 lbs for $8 but I got mine for $1.50 a lb. at Walmart. A matter of fact I bought 7 lbs and it is in sticks instead of the big block so it is easier to seperate!

My powdered sugar. The $4 for 7 lbs. Thiat is $1.14 per 2 lbs. Not too bad, but I like the 2 lb bags since most recipes call for that and I can find it at the store (dollar general a lot of times ) for about $1 per bag.

I use all purpose flour so I can't comment on cake flour. I just do the conversion for cake flour.

My boxes and boards I get from my local supplier. She has a little store and is cheap cheap cheap! My boxes are .99 at the most (that is for a large sheetcake box..and it isn't the flimsy walmart kind). My boards run about .35 to .55 each there and she sells them single and they are the plastic coated kind so I can mix and match what I need!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%