How Do I Speed Up My Royal Icings Drying Time?

Decorating By gr8cakemaker Updated 29 Jul 2013 , 5:16pm by cakegrandma

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, so I made a rainbow from royal icing that needs to dry by tomorrow! Its already been out for 24 hours and has still not hardened all the way. I have heard of people putting their decorations in the oven etc. to help them dry faster. Is this true? Is there anything else I can do? help please!

5 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 6

You can put it in your oven with just the oven light on or you could put it in front of a fan. If you put it in front of a fan make sure the fan is not blowing so strongly that it ends up blowing it off the table and breaking it. I have always used the oven method and had it worked well for me. Give it a try!
evelyn

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 6

Hmm, interesting. I never heard of putting them in the oven. And I've always been hesitant to use a fan - seems like that might blow dust on my cookies!

marya92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marya92 Posted 20 May 2013 , 6:58am
post #4 of 6

How long do you leave them in the oven with the light on?

pinkfluffylove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkfluffylove Posted 21 May 2013 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 6

AI have just finished a royal icing course and was told to place in front of a bright move able desk lamp until the icing crusts over will speed up drying process. It did work x

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry marya92 but for some reason I did not see that you needed and answer until today.  Depending what I have made, such as flowers with thicker bases, I will leave them in for 2 or 3 days.  The bulb in the oven does not use much electricity so I find this is the easiest way to dry them.  Like I said though, be sure to put a sticky not over the oven control.

evelyn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%