How Would You Make This Work?

Decorating By MrsMabe Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 6:52pm by cylstrial

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 3

I'm going to make a cake to look like a deli wrap similar to the picture I'm attaching. How would you, with fondant, make the cut side? I'm thinking of this:
When I cover my cake with a fondant "tortilla", leave 1/2 an inch of overhang. Cut at an angle.
Mold my "toppings". Then lay them on top of each other like I'm building a real wrap. Roll it up carefully, cut on the same angle, and tuck inside the "tortilla".
Do you think that will work, or do you have better ideas?

http://www.crestock.com/images/1090000-1099999/1092280-xs.jpg
LL

2 replies
clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 3

If this is a decoration, and not how you want to frost an actual cake, I think actually making it like a wrap (lay it out and roll it) would be the best way to get it to look right.

If you want to put cake inside, maybe just do a short tortilla, cut it in half and make those two pieces the ends stuck onto the end of the shaped cake and then wrap all of that in one outer layer?

Cute idea!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 3

I think you could do exactly what you said about rolling it together, leaving a little overhang, and then cutting it at an angle.

Or you could leave it out open like Clovely said. I think either one would be great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%