Help! Corner Fell Off Of Stadium

Decorating By Lauradele Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 2:15pm by -K8memphis

Lauradele Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 2

I am making my first Stadium cake and am using my first cracked cake which I have since learned is not a good idea. I had the stadium all carved and coated in buttercream and went to bed. I got up this morning and the corner has partially collapsed. I don't have time to make a new layer and disassemble what I have already...I was thinking of 'plugging up' the hole with krispie treats then putting BC. I am going to cover the whole thing in fondant...any ideas? Please help! icon_eek.gif

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 2

Splice it together with buttercream and get a good chill on it.

Myself, I would not attempt the rice krispie splice within the cake itself--set some on the board maybe.

If it needs an additional cardboard and some dowel, do that too.

Think about this--I cannot see your structure--but another thing you can do to create a 'hold' is to put a cardboard on the top --make it big enough to hold it's own weight so it doesn't teeter totter off and jump up but that's is another way to possibly help affix the broken parts--then ice over it and CHILL and apply the fondant. So you would have cardboard on top and bottom of the spliced area, protecting it--You gotta cut the cardbaord so the edges will not show through when you place the heavy fondant on top and the fondant stretches to fit.

If you have sculpted the sides smaller than the top part (which is what I am envisioning) -- add some cake down there to fill it in* and reduce the sculpt--rkt would work there also because it would be sitting on the board which will minimize the amount of pull when you place the fondant.

*make it the ticket office or something--or put posters on it--like when you go to the theater and there are movie posters on the walls kwim? Put team logos and stuff like that maybe. Put a scroll on it even.

Just some brainstorm type fixit ideas for you.

Good luck--it's gonna work out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%