When Buddy On Cake Boss....

Decorating By sugarcheryl Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 3:02am by blondeez

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 9

Did he iced the cake dummies with buttercream first. I can't remember? I usually spray mine with water first.

8 replies
i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 9

It showed him icing a large bottom tier w/buttercream. So either he did, or they edited in another cake and made it look like he did. You could pm him to find out for sure and hopefully he'll have time to answer.

Bec

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:20pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 9

He's also on facebook... you can ask him on there too.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #5 of 9

He talked about "dirty icing" the bottom tier "so that the fondant will stick", but I thought that one was real cake, so it made sense

Icing a dummy with buttercream is a waste of time and product.

All you ever need to do is to smooth/sand the upper edge of the dummy and any other imperfections on the top and sides and then either massage it with crisco or mist it with water and apply the fondant.

Rae

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:34am
post #6 of 9

What happened to Buddy's show cake boss? Was it on last night? I dont see it in the listings anywhere for this week either!!!!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:51am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

What happened to Buddy's show ? Was it on last night? I dont see it in the listings anywhere for this week either!!!!

I would like to know this also. I checked the TLC website and it had no other shows listed. Would love to know if there are going to be any other episodes.

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:59am
post #8 of 9

was searching around and I think Buddy posted that the show actually airs in late May and will then run for 12 episodes. I guess that was a preview to get people interested. It worked!!!

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:02am
post #9 of 9

You can say that again. Darn Buddy for teasing us like this. My tivo is all ready.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%