cake4you Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:21pm
post #1 of

OKay....I am not sure who posted about this, but I tried it last night, I put a bowl of hot soapy tap water with all my tips in in made sure the water covered them all put them in the microwave for 2 minutes and voila!!! Clean tips, it worked amazing, I wanted to say thanks to whomever suggested this but I can't find the post anywhere!!!

So thanks!!! It worked like a charm....

13 replies
chrisrich Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:23pm
post #2 of

metal tips!?!
I thought you couldn't put anything metal in the microwave?

kimh Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:26pm
post #3 of
Quote:
Quote:

metal tips!?!
I thought you couldn't put anything metal in the microwave?

That was exactly my thoughts as soon as I saw this message.

alengirl Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:29pm
post #4 of

Umm. . . that's what I thought! icon_surprised.gif
I don't know if I'd risk messing up my microware or worse to clean my tips.
Let's see, maybe the tips being covered with the water prevents
any damage from happening. . .

cake4you Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:37pm
post #5 of

That is exactly what it is ... the water acts as a barrier to the metal, I didn't beleive it either when I read it, but I thought I would give it a try and it worked like a charm, my tips were so clean, I just made sure the tips were completely submersed in the soapy water....

I thought the same thing....metal in the microwave...YIKES!!! I wish I could find the post it explains the whole water as a conductor thing....

alengirl Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:41pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake4you

That is exactly what it is ... the water acts as a barrier to the metal, I didn't beleive it either when I read it, but I thought I would give it a try and it worked like a charm, my tips were so clean, I just made sure the tips were completely submersed in the soapy water....
the post it explains the whole water as a conductor thing....

thumbs_up.gif Wow, you learn something new every day!
Thanks for the info!

scoobam Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:48pm
post #7 of

I meant to post.. that after reading that initial discussion I tried it... we have a cheapo microwave so I didn't care if I busted it.

Anyway, it WORKS fabulously!!!! That is my method from here on out!! and my microwave is clean too!! thumbs_up.gif

thanks to whoever brought it up!! icon_smile.gif I will save so much time and sanity!! icon_lol.gif

cake4you Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 2:52pm
post #8 of

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5728&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tips&&start=0

AH HA....I found it......here you go if anyone wants to read it.....the suggestion came from JuneBuggy!!! Thank you, this makes life so much easier!!!

yh9080 Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 3:20pm
post #9 of

After reading the suggestion by JuneBuggy, I tried this method and it worked beautifully. I figured that worst case scenario - I would get a new microwave - mine is 20+years old and I would like a new one. icon_smile.gif

beachcakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 7:08pm

Man! I keep forgetting to try this! Thanks for the reminder!

GinaJuarez Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 7:11pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by yh9080

After reading the suggestion by JuneBuggy, I tried this method and it worked beautifully. I figured that worst case scenario - I would get a new microwave - mine is 20+years old and I would like a new one. icon_smile.gif

Sounds like a good reason to put too little water in the bowl next time? icon_redface.gif j/k

beachcakes Posted 19 Aug 2005 , 7:18pm

LOL! I was thinking the same thing, Gina! icon_lol.gif

PurplePetunia Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 12:02am

I'm not sure I'd want to risk my microwave, I can't afford a new one right now, can I just put them in a pot of water on the stove??

NEWTODECORATING Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 12:35am

I tried it the night Junebuggy mentioned it ... Thought she was crazy! My DH thought I was even crazier for listening to a lady online!! You folks haven't steered me wrong yet, I LOVE IT. Won't go back to cleaning by hand again. I thanked Junebuggy that night and I thank her again and again every time I clean-up after a cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%