How Do They Keep Flowers To Stay

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 4:52am by madgeowens

madgeowens Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:13am
post #1 of 4

How do they get flowers etc to stay on the side of the cake....I have used toothpicks, and usually they fall off at some point. I see them spraying on the cake shows...is that just to hand fondant to fondant or for buttercream to fondant or what? I thank you for all help.

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:08am
post #2 of 4

If your cake is frosted with buttercream, you can put the flowers on before the buttercream crusts, and you shouldn't need anything else to attach them. When I put fondant flowers on a fondant cake, I use a dab of buttercream for a large flower or a dot of meringue powder mixed with water for a small flower or flat decoration. Most of my flowers aren't very heavy.

Maybe the reason the toothpicks don't stay is that the weight of the flowers pulls the toothpick down through the cake.

cakenutz Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:28am
post #3 of 4

If you are placing fondant on fondant water is fine they will meld together and stay if you are adding large or heavy flowers make the floers on floral wire and place small straws or flower picks in cake and put flowers in them. HTH

madgeowens Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:52am
post #4 of 4

Oh what perfectly wonderful helpful tricks ....I can hardly wait to try these...thanks you soooooooo much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%