I Feel A Little Bit Like Buddy!

Decorating By classiccake Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 11:32pm by classiccake

classiccake Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:28am
post #1 of 10

I got a call yesterday from a local magazine needing two wedding cakes for a photo shoot on Monday, first thing in the morning! We have a very busy week (we stopped taking orders for this week a couple of weeks ago) and I have one employee on vacation.

Fortunately, they don't want real tall cakes, so I am doing a three tier and a four tier. I stayed after hours last night and finished one around 11:00 PM. Today I iced the other and will do that tomorrow.

Here is a photo of the one that is done.

9 replies
classiccake Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:41am
post #2 of 10

Sorry, the picture is not loading correctly. I will try again tomorrow and maybe have both cakes done by then!

cylstrial Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 10

That is awesome! Although, I'm sorry that they called at an inconvenient time! However, it sounds like it will be well worth it in the long run!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

classiccake Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:12am
post #4 of 10

Okay, my photos keep coming through with a box with a red X in it. So I gave up and uploaded the cake to my gallery, where it went with no problems!

It is titled "Garden Fantasy" and is a textured rolled fondant, with a airbrush color glaze and pearl spray, and gumpaste flowers...pale green with pastel flowers.

This is the first cake I completed for the bridal magazine. I stayed late tonight and have the second cake completed, except for the flowers. I will upload that one tomorrow.

I had fun doing both cakes!

Eliza Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:09am
post #5 of 10

Congrats!!! That is one beautiful cake, can't wait to see the other one.

madgeowens Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:18am
post #6 of 10

Its in there under the newest uploads because I left you a comment. Its gorgeous.

madgeowens Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 6:42am
post #7 of 10
cylstrial Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 10

Yep, the link works! Beautiful cake!!

Tee-Y Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 8:30pm
post #9 of 10

Classicake, your cakes are LOVELY!!!!!WOW!!! thumbs_up.gif

classiccake Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 10

Finally...here are both cakes I did for a photo shoot for a June publication of a local bride magazine and they are in my gallery.

1. Fondant, textured fondant, glazed with airbrush color, gumpaste flowers..green and pastels.

2. Iced, stencil, handpiping, gold highlights, silk flowers...cream aqua, gold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%