How Much To Charge For A Cupcake Bar At A Event.

Baking By steddy1974 Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 12:33am by steddy1974

steddy1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steddy1974 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to do a cupcake bar at an event and I am having trouble deciding what to charge? Should it be a per person charge, per hour or by the cupcake? I will be bringing the cupcakes not iced to the event and then having choices of icings and toppings and maybe fillings for the guests to choose from. I know caterers charge a per person for charge for potato and mac and cheese bars etc., so I thought that might be the way to go. I just can't decide on the price. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Stacey

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 9:19am
post #2 of 5

My opinion is that you need to know how many guests you will be providing for, what size cupcakes, and how many cupcakes the hosts want to provide for each guest. Then charge a flat fee per hour for your time (minimum 2 hours), plus a per cupcake charge. I would not accept an order for less than 100 cupcakes, either. Otherwise it's not worth stoking up your oven.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

steddy1974 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 1:27am
post #3 of 5

They have told me they are inviting 50 people. Thanks for your quick response.

Stacey

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 5

i agree, they need to pay for the cupcakes AND your time.

definitely at least $50/hour for you to be there for the party and at least $2.00 per cupcake, I would go up to $3.50 per cupcake since you have to bring so much extra filling, frosting, decorations, etc.

be sure and set a limit for your cupcake bar availability. if they are having a 5 hour party do you really need to be there the whole time, you could just be there for 2 hours after dinner is served.

so by my calculation 2 hours and 50 cupcakes you're looking at about $275.00

oh, and don't forget to add your usual delivery fee and stand rental fee if you have them.

steddy1974 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:33am
post #5 of 5

So I would only provide one cupcake per person unless I did maybe 2 mini's. I would probably add a $25 delivery/rental fee. That would make the per person about $6 each.

Thanks everyone for your responses so far.
Stacey

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%