Piping Gel

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 1:46pm by destinyrn

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 6

I have seen piping gel used alot lately and have only used it on my dummy cakes to adhere the fondant. I would not expect it to have a good flavor let alone the slimey texture. Just wanted to get the opinions of those of you that have covered a cake in it.

5 replies
floophs Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:16am
post #2 of 6

I would like to know this too? Also, does piping gel expire? I took a Wilton class about a year ago and would like to take another. I'm wondering if I'll need to buy new stuff or if I can use mine from last year?

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 6

anyone?

tiredmomx4 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 6

I was told that it does't expire. I acually has a sweet taste and when I do characters I will do it all in piping gel You can use it to transfer images.

cakes22 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 6

I checked my Wilton piping gel, and there isn't an expiry date.
As for the taste, kinda sweet with a hint of chemical somethingerother. I wouldn't eat large amounts of it, but for writing or small design applications its not so bad icon_smile.gif

destinyrn Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 6

Did anyone see the cake challenge on Food network this week? Mary of CakeGirls made her cake glow in the dark with tonic water and piping gel; it was awesome! Piping gel with blue coloring makes great looking oceans. I wonder if adding a little flavoring would make the piping gel taste better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%