Whipped Cream + Buttercream Icing....always Goes Bad..:-(

Decorating By Lovelymeets Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 1:15am by cakeandpartygirl

Lovelymeets Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All

All my friends ask for an less sweet buttercream icing? How do i achieve this?

I tried mixing whipping cream in my buttercream icing recipe, (i follow the crusting icing recipe) and everytime i tried that, my icing starts to curdle. I can cleary see the crisco seperating from the rest of the icing. What am i doing wrong?

Do u have any good recipe for a less sweet buttercream icing or a icing that has half of buttercream and half of whipped cream, that you guys could share with me?

Would appreciate all your help.

5 replies
jklcooper Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know but I would love to hear from someone who does, too!

panchanewjersey Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 6

I've always heard of swiss meringue bc being so good and not that sweet. It might take a few batches before before you get it right, so I've heard. lol But it's supposed to be good and less sweet. I actually should try it for myself this weekend. You can go on youtube to get the recipe and a demo on how to do it. I've seen done and it looks real easy and creamy. Check it out. Good luck!

ptanyer Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 6

Have you tried Sugarshacks recipe? My family loves it and it isn't really sweet, sweet.

bec714 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 6

Just a thought, have you tried an all butter buttercream? And/or less sugar? I've done both, but I haven't tried adding salt (recommended in my Wilton recipe).

I know lots of people think the icing is too sweet, especially people from outside the states. If you have great technique, you can cut down or eliminate the crisco. It just makes your consistency looser and icing more susceptible to heat. Swiss meringue buttercream, too-haven't made it, but it's tasty!

I hope it helps!

cakeandpartygirl Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%