How Do I Clean This Commercial Oven? Help!!

Business By SweetArt Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 12:49am by SweetArt

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 5

icon_cry.gif I'm in need of some major help! I bought a double (stacked) commercial convection oven on Ebay. The seller said it needed some cleaning. That was a huge understatement! icon_eek.gif When it got here, I thought it was painted black. NO, that was how badly covered in grease and gunk it is. It even chips off like paint! I think the previous owner sold it in order to avoid cleaning it. I've spent this afternoon just cleaning some of the outside of it. The inside scares me. icon_surprised.gif Anybody out there ever had to do any serious cleaning on one of these things before? What's the best way to go about it? Thanks!

4 replies
snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:49am
post #2 of 5

Get some spray on Ecolab degreaser. It'll do most of the work for you.

SweetArt Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:17am
post #3 of 5

Is it available at grocery or hardware stores? I've never heard of it. Does the oven need to be on? Mine is not hooked up yet. Will it hurt it if it gets sprayed in the fan? That is propbably my biggest fear. CC is not letting me post pics right now, so I've added some here. www.SweetArtWeddingCakes.com/Blank You can see how bad the inside is. Thanks!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:36am
post #4 of 5

Here is the stuff you need. http://www.centralpaper.com/items/30/300103.htm.

You are going to need to get it from a restaurant supply store, but will only need one gallon, which should cost you around $30. You dilute it to the concentration you need, let it sit for a while and then just wash it off. It's easier if the oven is a little warm, but if you leave it on longer, it won't matter. There is also a foaming version in spray bottles if you need to really soak some vertical surfaces.

SweetArt Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 12:49am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, I'll head down there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%