Do You Make Your Own Fruit Fillings?

Decorating By PennySue Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 6:21pm by crystalina1977

PennySue Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 6

I've been making my own fruit fillings, but I was wondering about buying the already made kind. Any thoughts on if there is a good brand to try or ones to stay away from?
Thanks

5 replies
ddaigle Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 6

I take a small jar of SEEDLESS jam, warm it in the micro for about a minute and pour it into a bowl with the matching jello. I do this constantly with RedRaspberry and Strawberry. Very good....very easy.

Lenette Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 6

I have had good experiences with the sleeve filling from the cake supply shop. I regularly use raspberry and strawberry, customers like them too. icon_smile.gif

saberger Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

I take a small jar of SEEDLESS jam, warm it in the micro for about a minute and pour it into a bowl with the matching jello. I do this constantly with RedRaspberry and Strawberry. Very good....very easy.

Great idea! Do you have to add anything else to it? It doesn't end up too sweet?

ddaigle Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 6

Saberger...I add nothing else..I don't think it is too sweet and amazingly, the jello completely dissolves..not gritty as you may expect. Try a batch...the most you will loose is a few bucks. Let me know how it turns out.

crystalina1977 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 6

i do a mixture of both, depends on what type of filling i'm using. curds i will make homemade, as well as strawberry filling. others, like raspberry i will use jam, and i think i will try ddaigle's idea it sounds great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%