Flu Bug And Food

Decorating By jolie1977 Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 12:15am by jolie1977

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 3

I wonder if someone could direct me to the right place to find this answer or if maybe someone knows the answer!

We're a family of 5, and 2 of my kids and myself just got attacked by the flu bug over the last 3 days. I have a feeling it's not over yet either. I'm feeling much better myself, but I have a cake to make for a friend of mine's son's BDay this coming Saturday and am worried about baking that cake now... I'm not sure if the flu bug is airborn or how it's transmitted, but I would be devastated if I got anyone sick through my cake!

Is it still safe to bake the cake if I take all precautionary measures (gloves, mask, disinfect kitchen... etc)? Or should I cancel the cake order? What would you do?

Any advice at all would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

2 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:34am
post #2 of 3

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/general_health/flu.htm

So I would say if you are over it, and don't let your kids in your pristine and disinfected kitchen, it should be fine. I say wear the mask, cause it can't hurt. I'm not the most germaphobic person, so some others may disagree with me. I would eat your cake icon_smile.gif

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:15am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much CakeMommy3 for the link and the info! Before I got your reply, I decided to "borrow" my husband's grandmother's kitchen to bake my cakes.... just in case. I guess I can be a bit paranoid when it comes to germs!

Now that my kitchen feels squeaky clean and the kids are in bed, time to get to work with the decorating! I'm feeling a lot more confident now, thank you so much!

PS. Thanks for saying you'd eat my cake too! ;o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%