Adding The Pattern To The Photo

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm by Marianna46

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 5

Now that I know I can add additional pictures of a cake or cookie, I have a question. If I want to post the template that I used (as I did for the baby cookies & the bird cookies) would it be better to add it right to the photo of the cookie...or post it in the sketches/templates/patterns gallery? I figured if I added it as an additional photo, it would be right there in case someone wanted it. They wouldn't have to go to a different gallery to get the template. But then I thought if someone was searching for a particular template they had saved, it wouldn't show up in the thumbnail and they might not know they had it. Hope I haven't mangled this question all to bits!

In a nutshell, which would you prefer? The template added to the photo of the cookie, or placed in the template gallery as a separate posting?

4 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 5

Hmmm... My first thought was to put it with the cookie, but then you do have a good point about having it in templates. Maybe put it in templates, but in comments area where you describe the cookie, say that the template is in the template section. Too bad you can't do both! icon_lol.gif But... this is just my thought. I just think it is very nice that you are doing it. icon_smile.gif

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 5

good morning cookie ladies!! i think putting a note in the comment section with the picture and posting the template in the patterns and template gallery is a great idea! BTW, i downloaded the baby pattern and plan to try some of those soon. Thanks a lot. Gemini, did i read in the interview that you have your 3D kits available for sale? I would like to try those also. Could you PM me and let me know? Jeez......im gonna need to quit work so i can go home and play bakery!!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1953

good morning cookie ladies!! i think putting a note in the comment section with the picture and posting the template in the patterns and template gallery is a great idea! BTW, i downloaded the baby pattern and plan to try some of those soon. Thanks a lot. Gemini, did i read in the interview that you have your 3D kits available for sale? I would like to try those also. Could you PM me and let me know? Jeez......im gonna need to quit work so i can go home and play bakery!!!

I PM'd the information, so let me know if it didn't go thru or if you have any questions.

It looks like I will do as you and Tracy suggested...mention the template in the comment section, then post it under the template gallery. It looks like the additional photos won't show up in the thumbnail, so if someone were looking thru their saved photos for the template, they wouldn't see it.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 5

I'm so glad you opted for that, Gemini. I'm an inveterate searcher of the template section when I need ideas, but I often need to know if there is a template when I'm viewing an actual cake/cookie/cupcake, so this is the ideal solution icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%