Cinnimon Cake

Baking By cakebaby2003 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 5:05am by brea1026

cakebaby2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2003 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 5

Help, i am looking for a cinnimon cake recipe, i used to buy a mix and the kids loved it, it was either duncan hines or betty crocker. i can not find it any more and my son and daughter want one. i found some filling left over from a different cake and it worked but i need help, i can use a plain white cake but need help with the cinnimon part, any ideas? thanks icon_cry.gif

4 replies
brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 5

I am looking for the exact same thing for a wedding this weekend!!! I can't find the cinnamon swirl cake mix anywhere.

I was thinking of doing some sort of modification to the WASC recipe. I am just not sure what to put in it.

If anyone has any sugguestions it would be so appreciated!!!

brea1026 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 5

so I just decided to google it and here is a recipe I found:
CINNAMON SWIRL CAKE

1 box yellow cake mix
1 sm. box instant vanilla pudding
1 c. water
1 c. Wesson oil
4 eggs

Mix first four ingredients. Add eggs one at a time. Beat wll with electric mixer. Pour 1/2 batter in stem pan. Meanwhile mix: 2 tablespoons cinnamon, 6 tablespoons brown sugar. Mix together. Sprinkle half over half the batter in pan. Add rest of cake dough, sprinkle rest of sugar mixture on top, swirl the dough with a knife. Put in 350 degree oven. Bake 45 minutes. Do not open the door until 45 minutes is up. (It took 60 minutes baking time).

I think I am going to try to use the WASC recipe and then make the cinn/bs mixture like this recipe calls for.

I will let you know how it turns out!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 5

Try a butter cake and swirl in a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.

Take a 1/4 of your butter cake batter and mix in brown sugar and cinnamon (the amount is just according to your taste). Then spoon it in to the butter cake batter already in your prepared pan and swirl it like a marble cake.

brea1026 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:05am
post #5 of 5

So I made the cake using the WASC recipe and it is AWESOME! So yummy I can't wait to try it with the cream cheese icing.

The only changes I made were to add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter, and then I made a mixture of 1 tbsp cinnamon and 3 tbsp of brown sugar. I layered the cake in the pan, sprinkling the cin/sugar mixture between layers and then used a knife to swirl once all the batter was inside.

Super easy and so yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%