Make A Bc Cake 48 Hrs In Advance? Opinions, Please!!

Decorating By Sassy74 Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm by LP4702

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

I've agreed to provide a cake for a women's meeting, and I've learned that I'll need to be out of town the day of the meeting. I wonder if I could do it 48 hrs in advance? Would it still be fresh? I'll be a simple white cake with BC. The only problem I see is that it's big enough that I have no way of airtight storage. The best I can do is to wrap the box in cling wrap. Do y'all think it'll be OK? Will it still taste fresh after 48 hrs??? TIA!!!

4 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 5

I personally see no problem with that. I probably wouldn't even wrap the box airtight. The icing will keep the cake fresh. I think it will taste great. icon_smile.gif

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 5

Alot of times my cakes are done 2 or 3 days in adavance due to my work schedule. The ones I have taken into work were fine, moist. No problems.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much, gals! That sets my mind at ease. I've just never had to do a cake more than a day in advance.

LP4702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LP4702 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for asking this question Sassy74 as I have just found myself in the same predicament!!!

Thanks, too, to everyone who replied....I feel much better now knowing the cakes will still taste good icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%