Shot Gun Cake

Decorating By SenoraNoriega Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 2:42am by SenoraNoriega

SenoraNoriega Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SenoraNoriega Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:52am
post #1 of 10

Hi my friend would like me to make her a shotgun cake...and I don't know too much about guns and don't know where to start any ideas?

9 replies
SenoraNoriega Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:04am
post #2 of 10

any help any one?

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 10

My son wanted one for his birthday. But since I make cakes in 3-D I didnt want to do it. It would have to be so long, and so skinny that it wouldnt be very cakeish, to me. If you are talking about just making a sheet cake and drawin on a shot gun I reckon thats different.

But a real gun is 4 foot long and about 3 inches at the barrel, the stock would be around 7 inches wide and about 9 inches long. If you want to do one, I will take a picture for you and get them to you, plus exact measurements.

Personally, I will be doing a shot gun shell for my other son in December. it is more.... easy to do in 3-D.

SenoraNoriega Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 10

That would be GREAT! If you could get me some pics and size info!!! Thank you soooo...much...here is my email [email protected] again thank you so much

TwoSweetSisters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TwoSweetSisters Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:45am
post #5 of 10

I madea shotgun on a gun case for a grooms cake. The shotgun was life size, just trace the pattern from a real shotgun (have the person ordering the cake do that for you) I traced the gun onto RKT and then painted it with melted chocolte and then covered the stock (wooden part ) in marbled chocolate fondant to make it look like wood and the black or iron parts in black fondant and the barrel of the gun we used chocolate fondant wrapped around a dowel which we then inserted into the RKT. I put 2 12"x18" cakes end to end to make the gun case, which I covered in fondant and painted camouflage, added straps and a handle. Placed the shotgun on top of the cake and the groom loved it!

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 10

heheh....perfect for a wedding with a very short deadline icon_wink.gif

chellescountrycakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 3:09am
post #7 of 10

I will get it uploaded for you in the morning. Sorry I didnt get back here till now.

But I will get them done. icon_smile.gif

SenoraNoriega Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 4:02am
post #8 of 10

thank you sooo much big help!

chellescountrycakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 9:08pm
post #9 of 10

I emailed them this morning. Did you get them?? They are some pretty big files. But I kept them that way so you could see them.

SenoraNoriega Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 2:42am
post #10 of 10

Yes I did receive it thank you sooooooooooooooo much! You're great! I tried sending you a reply thank you a million times but when I got home I saw it was returned. so, Thank you thank you thank you! Hope someday I can return the favor...God bless you -Brandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%