Getting The Right Color

Decorating By trulyblessed Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm by karenm0712

trulyblessed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trulyblessed Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:45am
post #1 of 9

SO....I'M NEW TO CAKE DECORATING AND I HAVE A CAKE TO DO THIS WEEKEND. THE CUSTOMER WANTS HOT PINK! HOW DO I GET A HOT PINK COLOR? CAN YOU BUY IT AS 'HOT PINK" OR DO YOU MIX COLORS TOGETHER. ALSO, ANY TIPS FOR COVERING SQUARE CAKE IN FONDANT?

8 replies
luv2c_cultures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2c_cultures Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:56am
post #2 of 9

I'm new at this too, but I have been able to get hot pink from only using the Rose color from Wilton. Just keep adding it in small quantities until you get the colour you want. If I remember correctly it gets darker after some time. Good luck on your cake!

freshlybakedcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freshlybakedcookies Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:57am
post #3 of 9

Can't help you with the coloring part but to cover a square cake with fondant, do the corners first and then the sides.

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:58am
post #4 of 9

I also am new but I just put a ton of pink in to make it hot pink. As for the fondant, start at the corners and smooth toward the centers. That's all I have for you. Sorry! Best of luck and make sure you post a pic!

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:04am
post #5 of 9

I have found my fave. hot pink is actually a good amount of soft pink by Americolor. I think it makes a great hot pink without using a ton of color!!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:04am
post #6 of 9

Do a search for the frosting color chart they have here at CC. It may give you the combination of colors to make your hot pink!

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:35am
post #7 of 9

the rose color from wilton works, I just did a cake last week here's a picture of it!
LL

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 9

Americolor makes an electric pink color. I use it all the time!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 9

I also use AmericaColor's electric pink and let me tell you, it's BRIGHT!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%