How Do You Do The Adorable Baby Feet In Fondant?

Decorating By Screamers Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm by missjessica

Screamers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Screamers Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 6

Hi all. I want to start by saying that I have truly enjoyed my subscription to this website. YES... it is definitely addictive.

I am doing a baby shower cake for a friend in 2 weeks and the cake that she chose will be similar to the one with the baby's bottom stuck up in the air dressed as a ladybug. She wants a butterfly instead of the ladybug. But my question to you all is.. How do I get the feet and legs to look so realistic using fondant? Is there some type of template or pattern that I can use to make it a little easier? I am a newbie when it comes to using fondant.

I would greatly appreciate any help to this question. And all of the cakes on this website has been a great inspiration to me. Thank you all for such beautiful work. God Bless.....
LL

5 replies
auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 2:16am
post #2 of 6

global sugar arts sells a silicone mold for the feet

Screamers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Screamers Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you. I appreciate your reply. That will be a great time saver. icon_razz.gif

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 6

Hi screamers, i am making the same cake this weekend. I ask the same question about the legs and feet. Some replys were using rice krispy treats to mold the legs, smooth the surface with a knife cover with bc and then the fondant. I thought of using twinkies, but have rkt as a back up. The feet are going to be another story. One reply was to mold the whole foot out of fondant and then roll the toes. I have a doll at the house so i will have to use it as a model. I will let you know how it goes. Good luck with yours. THis will be my first real cake out of fondant.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 6

when you make your daisy's i noticed you don't use the vaining tool i watched a video where they did, i tried it and they don't look that good, you's are pretty i used the plastic cutter that comes in 3 sizes do you cut these thicker, what cutter do you use? yours seem to be rounded on top. mine look flat

Thanks

missjessica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjessica Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 6

I'm making a similar cake this week and it will be my first whole fondant cake too! I'm going to try using rice krispie treats for the legs and feet, then add on the toes. That picture is really cute, it definitely helps me with ideas for my cake, thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%