Show Me Your Very Favorite Cff Cake!

Decorating By giraffe11 Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 1:15am by Bossy

giraffe11 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 11

That would be "completely-fondant-free". icon_smile.gif ......
No one in my circle of friends and family will touch fondant, so I have to fit into the buttercream only......with candy and chocolate transfers
I have often seen the threads for buttercream only decorators and I have enjoyed them, but I just thought it would be fun to see a bunch fo pictures of what everyone would consider to be their best CFF cake.
Anyone want to play?
I would post one myself, but I don't yet have a cake that I would consider to be my "best". That's coming down the wire soon, I'm sure.
Thanks to anyone who posts. I would love to see your creations.

10 replies
colabear71 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:38am
post #2 of 11

Heather...all of my cakes are fondant free...with the exception of a fondant bow. This is my favorite was also my first wedding cake. It was for my sister and my family is the same way, they can't get over chewing their icing (fondant).

I know its not the most creative or extravagant cake...but I'm just learning and I'm just a hobbiest. At least the bride was thrilled with it.

RobzC8kz Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:41am
post #3 of 11

I only have a few CFF cakes!! 99.9% of all my cakes are fondant decorated!

But I think my favorite is still my Son's 2nd Birthday cake. A 3D Thomas the Train with all BC decorations. Not a single ounce of fondant anywhere!

grams Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:41am
post #4 of 11

Goodness, I don't know which one to pick. Of the 95 cakes I have posted 64 are cff. The ones that aren't have fondant roses, daisies or autumn leaves.

jsweetspot Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:50am
post #5 of 11

OMG I LOVE your Thomas the Train cake. My 2 year old LOVES Thomas and I wanted to do a cake like that so bad for him but I just couldn't talk myself into doing it, I had no confidence in myself to do that cake but I would've loved too. That is awesome that you did it all in bc too. icon_biggrin.gif

bakery_chick Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:52am
post #6 of 11

That is harder than I realized! I considered myself practically CFF because I rarely get to use fondant. Looking at my cakes though almost every single one has some fondant on it. I would have chosen my T-Rex which I am particularly proud of, but even he has fondant teeth and claws!!!

These are my only CFF!

I think these are some of my better work...

This one is my fave for sentimental reasons only...

BCJean Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #7 of 11

I don't have one favorite. The thing I like most about decorating with buttercream is just how versatile it is. I also do not decorate elaborate show cakes. I guess my attention span is short. If I spend more than 2 hours on a cake I get bored and don't finish it. I also feel cakes are made to be eaten. Sooooo.......

juleebug Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #8 of 11

The hummingbird is gum paste but everything else is BC.

KitchenKat Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:02am
post #9 of 11

Here's one of my favorites.

bakery_chick Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:07am
post #10 of 11

BCJean...Goodness gracious!!
Those are amazing!!!

What a great thread!! All of the cakes are just beautiful!!!

Bossy Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:15am
post #11 of 11

I'm no cake pro, but I do enjoy playing with frosting! Great cakes everyone. Here's my fav so far, all BC except royal icing butterflies and lid with chocolate base.

Quote by @%username% on %date%