Sex And The City Themed Cake Need Some Suggestions**please**

Decorating By sugarwishes Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 8:18am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 13

I'm making a 3-tier Sex and The City themed cake for a friend of a friends 21st birthday. I have the whole design set: entire cake will be hot pink and black, martini glass on top, etc. This cake is going to be displayed at a night club in NYC so its a pretty big deal that this cake comes out perfect icon_wink.gif

Here's where I'm stuck: My friend had the idea that she wanted some sort of short quote on the cake related to the sex and the city theme.

I'm completely stumped, I have NO IDEAS!!!! Please Please Please help if you have any ideas for a quote that would fit the theme.

I'm going to be making a heart shaped plaque and was going to write "Happy 21st Birthday Lucy" until she mentioned the quote. I just don't know. icon_confused.gif

12 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 13
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 13

Is the cake based on the tv show or movie? I just watched the movie last night, and I liked:

It's a rental. Like Netflix for purses.

Anyway, you wouldn't get it if you didn't see the movie. Check out imdb .com ....Enter sex and the city in the search. When you click on the movie or tv show, just scroll down a bit and you'll see a quote link.

BTW, this cake sounds super cute, and lots of fun to make. Good Luck!

sugarwishes Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 13

Thanks for the links. I did a google search and found site, but don't know what to use that would tie in with the cake and be obvious that its related to the theme of Sex and the City. It can be based on the movie or the show.

Deb_ Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:06am
post #5 of 13

Check out this cute cake, it has all the elements of the show/movie, I really like the idea of the NY skyline.
Carrie wrote a column for the newspaper, maybe you could incorporate a *page* from a newspaper with an announcement of her 21st b-day.

Here's the link to the cake I found on-line
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-sex-and-the-city-cake.html

HTH
Deb

sugarwishes Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 1:00am
post #6 of 13

That's an awesome cake and gives me some really good idea! Here's the cake I found that it's being based off of this one by Cakes Du Soleil

http://cid-a509f6b16581cf48.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/My%20Latest%20Cakes/MVC-010F.JPG

If I really can't find anything I'm going to stick with just a simple "Happy Birthday Lucy" since it has to be done by Friday.

I REALLY appreciate the help.
LL

Deb_ Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 11:21am
post #7 of 13

Ohhhhh, I like that one even better! I think you're going to have a lot of fun making this cake!

Good luck, post a pic when you're finished!

Deb icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:06pm
post #8 of 13

You could go with:

It's my birthday. I'm officially old - Carrie

...changed to......
It's your birthday. You're officially old

Sorry thats all i could come up with, its really hard to find one isn't it lol

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:28pm
post #9 of 13

Samantha: "All of Manhattan is here."
Miranda: "Who's watching the island?"

Carrie: "Are we getting wiser or just older?"

Carrie: "When you're a teenager, all you want to do is buy beer. But once you hit 30 all you want to do is to get carded."

That's all I got - good luck!
Bec

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 13

I can't remember the exact quote, but at the end of the episode about fleet week Carrie says something about the city being her true love. It was very poetic. I'm sure if you do a search of the episodes or even google it would be pretty easy to find.
Either that or something from the movie scene about coloring. Who doesn't love to color?! LOL

sugarwishes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 11:55pm
post #11 of 13

The girl who ordered the cake found a quote: "and we were dressed from head to toe in love...the only label that doesn't go out of style"

thanks again everone, here it is:
LL
LL

citygrl1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citygrl1981 Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 5:47am
post #12 of 13

The new york quote was something to the effect of "If Charlotte was right, and you only get one great love, then New York just may be mine. . .and I can't have nobody talking s*** about my boyfriend." Personally, I love the quote from charlottes wedding where she says "It's hard to find people who love you no matter what. I was lucky enough to find four."

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:18am
post #13 of 13

I love the quote you ended up doing. Love this show, your cake is awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%