Help With Cake

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 6:24am by deliciously_decadent

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 8

I am supposed to make a cake for a man, using a copy of his badge for the top. The wife sends me a picture, and the badge is solid gold, except for some blue and white accents.

I am having so much trouble with it.....I have tried twice and it still doesn't look right. I have tried outlining with black, and then go back to fill in with gold.

I finally got the bottom of the badge looking pretty good, its just the eagle on top just doesn't look right. I even tried a FBCT to see how that looked....I went through the steps, outlined in black, filled in with gold, and it still doesn't look right.

I am going to try and attach a picture so that you all can see what this badge looks like. If anyone has any suggestions.... I am all ears!!

Thanks
LL

7 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 8

I read somewhere on here that you can use gumpaste to make a mold, then when it hardens, push fondant into the mold, carefully remove it, then when it dries you can paint it or pipe on it, etc. I don't know how much time you have to try it, though. Sounds pretty cool, now I wanna try it! icon_smile.gif

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 8

Oh, I just realized that you only have a pic of the badge, not the real thing. Sorry I can't help!

Rhonda19 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:14am
post #4 of 8

Thank you for at least trying to help me, " CakeMommy3".. I am just having such a hard time.

I finally got something worked out that I think will do.. It doesn't look identical to the badge, but does look similiar. I called his wife, and told her what I had, and she said that was fine, so I am going with what I have.

Rhonda19 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #5 of 8

I thought that I would let everyone know that I did finish my cake with the badge on it.

Here's a picture......
LL

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:48am
post #6 of 8

Wow! I think it looks great. I would never have guessed you struggled with it!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 3:58am
post #7 of 8

Are you familiar with a frozen buttercream transfer? Check it out. You will love it for doing things like this.

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:24am
post #8 of 8

i have made molds for fondant from clay paste made for molding clay it works really well and only takes like 20 mins to set in the oven then leav to cool and its ready to go, i always kaap some around in case i will need it lol! mine is by sculoy clay products and i bought it at a craft shop,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%