Wedding Cake Boards & Stands

Decorating By terri76 Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm by indydebi

terri76 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 4

When everyone does a wedding cake, do you put the cake on a board then on the cake stand? I have 1/2" plywood I put my wedding cakes and larger tier cakes on, which I cover with my silver cake board wrap. I then put that on the stand, most of the time it's the silver cake stands. Is this how most of you do it, or do you just put the cake on the stand itself without the cakeboard?

I have a wedding Sat. and the bride told me she would bring me the silver stand she wants to use so I can go ahead and put the cake on it and decorate on that. I told her I use a board then put that on the stand and she acted like it blew her mind! icon_confused.gif

Please let me know what most of you do, so I can get it together if I way off in left field with this one.

Thanks once again for all the help!!

3 replies
MnSnow Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 4

Always use a cakeboard!

Silver is polished with Silver polish. I would never place a cake directly onto a Silver surface with that in mind. Silver cleaners and polishes are not non toxic. You could explain that to her and hopefully she understands

terri76 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 4

Thanks a bunch!!!! That makes me feel better. She's been a pain having to deal with anyway and I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

Thanks again!!!

indydebi Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 4

Yes on cardboard. In addition to the reasons mentioned above, it protectts your stands from cut marks. Plus, if there is any cake leftover, they can remove the cakeboard from your stand and return your stand right away. OTherwise you run into people who give you the excuse of "we can't return the stand ... there's still cake on it!" (no kidding ... you will).

Quote by @%username% on %date%