Italian Rum Cake!

Decorating By CakeMommy3 Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 1:01am by Chef_Stef

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 3

So, nice person that I am, I just told my husband's coworker that I could make it, no problem. Just find the recipe right? Um, no. He wants the authentic, four layer, chocolate cream, cream and whipped cream version with like 50 steps. So I googled it, and there are a ton, all different, and there wasn't one in the recipe section on this site that was the one that I needed.

He is going to let me know for how many people, but I'm sure I will do at least an 8 or 10 inch. What shape is it supposed to be?

What's the best recipe? Is there a little easier way to do it? ie pudding, doctored box, etc but it still is close to authentic? I possess the ability to bake from scratch, but with 3 kids age 4 and under it's a big tricky.

I will greatly appreciate any advice and/or shortcuts you guys have!!

I posted this in the recipe section too, but only 2 people viewed it since yesterday, so I thought maybe more people would look here...I'm desperate!

2 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 3

I had not ever heard of Italian Rum Cake until your post, but I think you should make it from scratch.

You may be able to get away with using pastry pride or bettercream for the cream mixtures so there is no worry about it sitting out or anything.

As for the kids, would you be able to find the time to bake during nap time or after they are asleep at night or have them do an activity that keeps them busy while you bake.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:01am
post #3 of 3

I made my cousins wedding cake with vanilla sponge cake brushed with rum syrup, filled with scratch zabaglione that had orange juice and marsala, and the new jersey Italian inlaws swooned over it... Found recipes here and there.

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%