John And Kate +8

Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm by Tita9499

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #211 of 346

I don't think the plastic surgery or free trips should be an issue. Honestly, she is correct with the fact that the venues get the publicity and that they get the trip. And I know I would take it, if offered! Also-the plastic surgery-it's for the doctors portfolio I am sure. I know after 2 c-sections I could take one and if someone offered me that, I would say YES! PLEASE! I just think those two issues are completely separate.

I think what the issue is is that she is horribly mean to her husband. The way she constantly talks to him-I don't care how many kids you have, you don't talk to your husband that way. One day in the car, the kids were screaming and I started griping at my DH for how he was driving. He stopped the car, opened the door and walked over to my side of the car, opens my door and says "we can't let them divide us! Together we survive! Apart we will be destroyed!" He was totally, joking, but, it's kind of true.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:36pm
post #212 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I think what the issue is is that she is horribly mean to her husband. The way she constantly talks to him-I don't care how many kids you have, you don't talk to your husband that way. One day in the car, the kids were screaming and I started griping at my DH for how he was driving. He stopped the car, opened the door and walked over to my side of the car, opens my door and says "we can't let them divide us! Together we survive! Apart we will be destroyed!" He was totally, joking, but, it's kind of true.

LMAO thats funny..I'm taking notes.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:25am
post #213 of 346

Not a fan of the show....we don't have cable.
Some of the examples of her communication with her husband that you all have described just make me shake my head.

I have nine children, granted they came one at a time but the number is still nine. It may be a circus around her with one child running through the house naked and another one emptying the water dispenser onto the kitchen floor but we never talk to each other like that.

I read that when a person gets angry that it is do to them not getting their way in a situation.
It seems to me that Kate's anger makes her more of a spoiled brat than a responsible adult. You can't expect people to do what you want and when you want it all the time. It is an unreal expectation.
Until she learns that she'll be frustrated and spreading the 'love' to everyone around her. She is toxic. Poor husband and kids. And poor Kate too, she's a very unhappy person.

mommachris

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:09am
post #214 of 346
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:07pm
post #215 of 346

OMG that is too funny. I especially like *doberkate* icon_lol.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 24 May 2009 , 10:05pm
post #216 of 346

OK, that one with the cat and the tomb stone, OMG that gave me a big laugh. Anyone gonna watch the show tomorrow?

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:12pm
post #217 of 346

Oh, I probably will (I claim at the risk of getting lynched here! icon_wink.gif). I was watching the reruns of them when they first started the series on through now and BOY what a change! You can see in the beginning how they do love each other and then Kate starts to change and belittle Jon more and more, pointing out any and all of his mistakes. I feel very sorry for Jon, the series really changed her for the worse.

Gail

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:41am
post #218 of 346

Even though I vowed that I wouldn't watch it, I admit that I did (at least the last 30 mins).

I have to say that I thought Kate was totally acting! She seemed almost too happy and bubbly at the kids birthday party. It was one of the only episodes where she actually laughed. And when Jon showed up, you could see the tension between them, it was painful. Kate was trying way too hard, but I guess she had to for the sake of the kids.
I found it interesting at the end, that she got upset during her closing interview. Doesn't sound like either one of them want to be with each other.

Next weeks episode: Kate takes off to Cali with Maddie for a "girls" spa weekend (or something like that).

Deb_ Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:19pm
post #219 of 346

I don't watch the show, but am watching the Today Show right now, they showed the end couch interview from last night.

Kate says "I'm here", Jon says "I'm here for the kids".............Well, I guess that says it all, doesn't it?

I really really feel sorry for all of those children............it's sad when adults (parents) put their own wants, needs and feelings before their children's wants, needs and feelings.

Both Jon and Kate are very very selfish individuals, they should be ashamed of themselves...........what terrible role models they are. thumbsdown.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:54pm
post #220 of 346

I admit I have never watched the show until last night..At least the last 20 minutes as I was waiting for Cake boss to come on icon_lol.gif I have to say I wouldn't waste my time to watch it again either....They both looked very distant and guarded and just kept saying.."I'm here for my kids"I don't think TLC should even bother with the show anymore...

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:00pm
post #221 of 346

I watched..i cried. I feel so bad for the family. I got the impression that Kate wanted to work on things and John totally had given up. It was so sad to see this once happy couple so divided. I felt that Kate's interview parts were genuine as were John's. i guess only they know the full story.
I felt most sad for the children. Especially the part where the one daughter hugs John and says that she didn't want her dad to go away again. I could see the pain in John's face.

Very very sad.;0(

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:25pm
post #222 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

I got the impression that Kate wanted to work on things and John totally had given up. It was so sad to see this once happy couple so divided.(

My impression is that Kate is willing to work on things as long as she gets her way. Of course none of us really know what's going on, but it seems to me that John has probably been trying to tell her for a while that he is not happy and wanted to go back to a normal life, but Kate was not listening and is unwilling to give up the show and all the freebies and gradiose lifestyle that go with it. It's like she has gotten addicted, and is totally blind to the fact that it is destroying the family, and though they may have material things and financial security because of the show, they are all ending up miserable, so what's the point??

RainbowCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RainbowCake Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #223 of 346

Yes I agree. Last season he said he didn't want to do another season, that he was tired of it. Kate said she is "still working on him" as in trying to get him to do another season. I am not trying to give him excuses to cheat but she could have been nicer to him and not treat him like the 9th kid. He should have stood up for himself along time ago and they probably wouldn't be in the current situation. I do feel really bad for the kids. The kids are the reason I started watching from the beginning. It looks like they are for sure getting a divorce, though. They are obviously not happy. It's sad they renewed their vows in Hawaii last year and it was beautiful and seemed sincere then.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #224 of 346

It's going to be sad for the kids to watch all of this footage when they are older.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:07pm
post #225 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByJen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

I got the impression that Kate wanted to work on things and John totally had given up. It was so sad to see this once happy couple so divided.(

My impression is that Kate is willing to work on things as long as she gets her way. Of course none of us really know what's going on, but it seems to me that John has probably been trying to tell her for a while that he is not happy and wanted to go back to a normal life, but Kate was not listening and is unwilling to give up the show and all the freebies and gradiose lifestyle that go with it. It's like she has gotten addicted, and is totally blind to the fact that it is destroying the family, and though they may have material things and financial security because of the show, they are all ending up miserable, so what's the point??

I agree. thumbsdown.gif Did any one else notice how differently she treated everyone else in this episode compared to how she treated Jon in previous years? Now she's talking directly to the camera! Something she LAMBASTED Jon for in the past! Or the part where they are setting up in the park, with all the bugs...if Jon had been there she'd have been yelling "Joooooooooonnnnnnnnnn" like it was his fault. I feel sorry for Jon and the kids..Kate's an out of control train wreck. IMHO

Another thing that got under my skin was when she was saying how she understood that Jon was having a hard time without her help when she traveled (but made SURE to add that he had plenty of help), however later in the show when she had to plan and set up the party it was "all by myself" icon_confused.gif Hello...Looked to me like she had PLENTY of help, too...especially at the picnic site...lots of people to boss around (Just not Jon to belittle!)

Anyway, I probably won't be watching the show anymore, its gotten too irritating and all I want to do is slap Kate! icon_wink.gif

Gail

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:36pm
post #226 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

I have to say that I thought Kate was totally acting! She seemed almost too happy and bubbly at the kids birthday party. It was one of the only episodes where she actually laughed. And when Jon showed up, you could see the tension between them, it was painful. Kate was trying way too hard, but I guess she had to for the sake of the kids.
I found it interesting at the end, that she got upset during her closing interview.

I agree so much with this. I'm very disappointed honestly in both parents and TLC for airing that episode. I had my daughter at 18 and married at 19, and now at 25, even when I want to rip my hubby's head off I would never, ever put my marriage on display like that in front of family and friends much less millions of people. They all should be ashamed for acting like that and TLC should be ashamed for showing it. Nobody is thinking about how these kids are going to actually SEE this stuff. I absolutely loved the show up until last night, now its just pathetic. The focus is no longer on the kids, its all about them.

I'm not pointing any fingers as to who is wrong or right, i'm just sad as a viewer of the show since day one..its sad how its all played out...just sad.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:08pm
post #227 of 346

I didn't watch the show last night (didn't want to!). Anyway, I used to love watching the show, but for the last season, it seems to be all about the money & product placement. I don't think all the blame needs to rest upon Kate (not that I'm defending her). Grant it she's become more & more annoying & demanding, but Jon needs to grow a pair & tell her to shut up sometimes. Also, if Jon didn't want to do another season, he should have put his foot down. The marriage is definitely not 50/50! I think she's very Type A, but you would have to be with 8 kids! I think that maybe the money has went to their heads & they have grown apart. It's totally disgusting that Jon & Kate decided to cheat on each other then air their dirty laundry in the media. I'm very disappointed in TLC for airing the show last night. I feel so sorry for the kids. Both the parents need to grow up and do what's best for the kids.

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 26 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #228 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlayers

I don't necessarily agree with the way Kate carries on, but she has 8 children, most whom are the same age!

If you have ONE kid you know the sacrafice and relentless work that goes into him or her.

Sometimes, as woman, you just have to be the B$tch and tell people to get it right or get out of your way so that you can get it all done.

As for her plastic surgery, makeovers and spa dates and manicures... I say YOU GO KATE! Pamper yourself. Appreciate yourself and feel beautiful! (What's wrong with that. We usually applaud people who have work done for NO reason. Why can't we let a person who truly needs have it in peace. Or do you think she should suffer because you don't like her.)

I'm the youngest of 8 kids.........the older five were born in a 4 yr period. I can assure you that my poor mom didn't have teeth whitening (heck in the 40's & 50's there wasn't such a thing), a tummy tuck, or any of those other luxuries that Kate has enjoyed *free* of charge.

My mom was too busy being our MOTHER, because that's what being a mother to 8 children is........BUSY! She didn't have people to watch us so she could get her hair done, she never had her hair done professionally until I became a hairdresser.

My mom was a great mother who sacrificed her entire life for her family as did my dad. My dad's highest yearly salary was $17k icon_eek.gif We didn't have matching clothes, and perfect shoes, but we had LOVE and we had a very close family.

I really wish the public would boycott this show and others like it. If people didn't watch it, it would be canceled. Just because Kate & Jon are stupid and greedy enough to invite cameras into their home doesn't mean "we" have to watch it. Let's change the channel.

For those of you who don't know what it's like to be from such a large family, I can assure you it's NOTHING like this circus.

These parents have *sold* their children out to the highest bidder........it's so disgusting............I wish Kate would stop saying they are doing it for their children. That's the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time.

BTW, I can think of a lot of words to describe my mom and believe me "bitch" is NOT one of them. My parents had an undying love and devotion to each other, they always spoke with respect and love for the other, you don't need to be a "bitch" to get what you want.

It puzzles me to the core at how we think just because we don't or didn't do it "that way" than no one else should either. These people may not be struggling for money anymore, but they do have their own set of problems that are just as devastating and hurtful.

Again, a reality show may not have been my "avenue for revenue", but you bet your bottom dollar, that I am a PIT BULL when it comes to my children and providing for their futures. And I try to think of creative ways everyday to make it so they have the best opportunities possible. I guess that may be why I can relate to Ms. G.

And honestly, there is no parent alive that can TRUTHFULLY say that sometimes even our most well-intentioned actions and decisions can sometimes back fire and negatively affect our families and children.

We women are often such "haters"! And we tend to be afraid of and uncomfortable of other women who have balls! icon_eek.gif

Deb_ Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:36pm
post #229 of 346

I don't think there is one woman on this thread that is a "hater". Nor do I believe that any of us.................
"tend to be afraid of and uncomfortable of other women who have balls!" (your words).

I can happily say that I have NOTHING in common with Kate, nor do I ever aspire to.

I never understood why some woman feel that they have to be a "bitch" or a "pitbull" in order to get what they want. There are a lot of ways to achieve our goals without being either of those.

The more I hear about this family the more I thank God that my Mom had the grace, honor and integrity she did.

Now that's the type of woman that makes an exemplary role model, and a GREAT Mom.

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:11pm
post #230 of 346

I think they are both equally in there for the money. Although Jon says he doesn't want to do this anymore and that he wants to go back to a "normal life", do you think the pretty white sports car he was driving will "go back" too?

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:23pm
post #231 of 346

She's "got balls" alright. It takes quite a pair to try to pawn off the show they're doing as "reality".

I didn't get to watch the whole episode, but from what I have seen, one phrase comes to mind for that poor, pitiful bunch: In over their heads.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:48pm
post #232 of 346

I really used to like this show when it first started. And Kate didn't bother me too much then either. Granted she was still bossy and a bit of a PIA, but I understood a little where that came from.
However, I haven't watched the show for a while and tuned in for last nights season premier. I had a very ill feeling after watching that show for many reasons.
It doesn't bother me that they have profited some off of the series but, it bothers me that all the money that they have made has totally seemed to change the basis of the way they live their lives. The endearing nature of this, once cute, couple struggling to raise 8 kids has turned into a very wealthy celebrity-like couple who are showing everyone how much money they have. Last nights show seemed no different to me than an episode of the Kardashians. Between Kate's tan, kate talking about her new found celebrity-like status, Jon's sports car, and their million+ mansion, the episode just made me feel ill.
It really bothered me that they aired one of the daughter's telling Jon that she missed him and that she doesn't want him to leave anymore. A divorce/separation is so hard on the kids involved without cameras in their faces all the time.
I just really feel for these kids. It seems as if, all of a sudden, they are crammed into a whirl wind of negative media attention. Another thing that bothered me is that both Jon and Kate agreed to tape this season when Kate mentioned on camera that She and Jon have been dealing with this drama already for 6 months. Why would they knowingly put their children in front of the camera when they have known that their marriage is in turmoil. Being the best parents they can be, as they claim, would have been to turn off the camera's and privately help thier children deal with a separation and possible divorce.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #233 of 346

Yeah she has balls alright....JOHN'S!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #234 of 346

I have watched the show from the very beginning and found the family very endearing in the beginning. I actually watched it to show myself that I have it pretty good as a mom and wife. But I have to say that I think Jon is a spineless ass who has to have his "independance". He has to be Jon not Jon and Kate + 8. Maybe he should have thougth about all of that before he signed on with TLC. I thought I would barf when he pulled up in his little white sports car. Sorry buddy but you have 8 kids and your butt needs to move back in and buck up. Give up the little girl friends you need to boost your ego and be a man and a father. As for Kate, I think she is trying to hold it together in the worst of circumstances. Yes she is a bitch and yes she acts like a drill sargent but she also has to be the parent while Jon just wants to have fun. I wish they would pull themselves out of the public eye and focus on getting to know each other again. Parents tend to forget that they are a couple first and that is a recipe for disaster. I wish them the very best.

cakes22 Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:56am
post #235 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

Yeah she has balls alright....JOHN'S!

Ain't that the truth. She had them from the get-go!!!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:53pm
post #236 of 346

I feel so dirty. I was going through my DVR yesterday and saw I didn't cancel the timer for their show. When I saw a new episode had recorded, I watched it! I DID!! I'M SO ASHAMED!! icon_sad.gif

Anyway, I found it so pathetic that Kate "mentioned" "I GAVE up my job, to stay home and take care of the children", like she was forced to do so. In previous seasons the opening whatever-you-call that dialouge, she said, she decided to stay home to take care of the babies. What gets me is that she was willing to quit the fulfilling job of nursing to stay home and care for her children, but she's more than happy to abandon them to a babysitter to travel across the country promoting her book and herself. Then she gets a doofy about her kids calling her the babysitter's name? STAY HOME!!

Jon was hilarious! He was so nonchalant about everything. It's truly like he could care less about what Kate has to say anymore. Oh, BTW, the sportscar is only a Nissan ZX, not that expensive. It's no Ferrari.

I too, found it annoying to her how much Kate was, "ALONE", she said herself that she's been traveling a lot and Jon's had to stay home "But he's had help!" (she managed to throw in)...yeah, Kate, like you don't. "I'm going to do it though, because they have to have a birthday party"...um, Kate? Maybe if you didn't go to the spa on their ACTUAL birthday you wouldn't feel guilted into having a b-day party that was obviously thrown together anyway (apparent when she began thinking aloud about how she forgot to send out the invitations).

I just think she's getting really ridiculous with her attempt at playing the victim. Still doing a great job of talking to her DH like he's a child though.

Summer: One time my DD yelled at my DH, "Give me some water"...I walked over to her, leaned down real close to her face and said, "Don't you ever talk to my husband like that again" and walked away. If I don't talk to him like that, no one on the face of the earth will either.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #237 of 346

I don't watch the show, but I am a channel surfer and have seen many 5 minute segments.
I wonder what our society and the tv producers are thinking. Here is a family that has eight kids. Not an easy task to raise any child today. So, what do they think they should provide?
How about-
trips, trips and trips
cooking lessons
music lessons for the kids
designers and construction crews to "go green" with the million + home
What is NOT provided-
Child care professionals/developmental psychologists (off camera) to guide the parents in successful strategies of parenting, not only for the eight but as a model for other parents of young children.
So many viewers are convinced she was such a great mom. Wouldn't it have been great if she was taught to be a great mom?

We all love our kids, we want to be the best parents ever. How do we know how to do this? So many parents go with "I hated when my parents did that-I'm going to do it different" ends up not always better, but different. I was lucky to have an education in early childhood before I had kids. I was a really good mom when my kids were kids. When they were teenagers I didn't have a clue. I went with the strategy I learned in high school during air raid drills. I pulled a wool sweater over my head and prayed for the best. Somehow they turned out to be decent hard working adults. Because of me or in spite of me-I'll never know.

cakes22 Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #238 of 346
Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:51pm
post #239 of 346

I wish they'd come out and say that they're separated.

RainbowCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RainbowCake Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:59pm
post #240 of 346

There is going to a special on E! about them Jon & Kate: Twisted Fate. I just now we will see a True Hollywood Story on them in the future. Poor Kids.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%