John And Kate +8

Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm by Tita9499

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:27am
post #61 of 346
Quote:
Quote:

The father does not have a job. Neither does the mother.

Apparently you haven't been following this family for very long. If you listen to the show opening, they both say exactly what they do. Kate quit her job, she's a nurse, to be a mom...DOH... no kidding...and Jon is an IT Tech...not that it matters. AS far as having extra help in the house goes...so what?? If you could have it you probably would to! Also don't forget that the couple just had their first book released this last year. So Kate is very busy doing press engagements for that, and guest speaking for different organizations and charities. Hence the need for the hired house helpers!

Again, it's no ones business but theirs. I feel sorry for both of them having the low life rags and their cohorts out there spying on their every move and making up their own stories as to the things that they think they are seeing. It makes me afraid for their kids....if their moral compasses are so broken that they will do this to the parents, they will not hesitate to prey on the children too. It's just a matter of time.....

I say, good for them for finding a way to try and share their experiences as parents of multiples and in such a unique situation. The intent to try and help other families going through the same is admirable, shame on anyone else that tries to make it into something shameful or wrong.......as if being a "normal" family with normal problems and issues is something to be judged by anyone except the people it involves. Anyone that thinks they have a right to report it, or thinks that it is something that they should read and perpetuate this behavior, should take a good long look in a mirror and then decide if they have any room to judge......

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #62 of 346

They said on one of their last shows that jon doesn't work anymore, and that it's been hard for him...that and being in the public eye. sorry, but Jon does NOT work anymore. The show and travelling around doing appearances is all they both do now.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:03pm
post #63 of 346

I think that is a big enough job! People change jobs all the time, why can't they? Besides, what does it matter anyways what they do? At least they aren't OCOTMOM....welfare leach, and all around crazy person...she gives me the creeps. It's these children I feel sorry for....someone needs to step in and save them before something bad happens....

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 May 2009 , 12:27pm
post #64 of 346

Well, if you're going to open that *can of worms* about the Octomom, let's not just question her mental well being..........how about the *quack* who actually implanted her with all of her remaining frozeneggs?

Here's an unmarried, unemployed woman with 6 children and the Dr. felt like she was a good candidate for invitro-fertilization again?

Sounds like someone else being driven by the almighty dollar at children's expense.

BTW.........being the youngest of 8 I can imagine that my Dad and Mom would have loved to have not worked outside of the home. BUT..........unless you have cameras filming every move for all of America to see, unless someone buys you everything you'll need to raise those 8 kids including a house.............ya gotta get a REAL job to support your family.

It would seem that Jon and Kate are getting everything they've asked for..........it's sad that they put their own greediness above their poor kids privacy. thumbsdown.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:04pm
post #65 of 346

yeah I would agree with that, but I believe Kate is pushing the greed more then Jon .. although if he was a real man he would put his foot down for his kids.

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:21pm
post #66 of 346

I also watch the show, and have for many seasons. all the trips and freebies they get are paid by the companies & vacation spots not the TV station. These businesses & places contact them and offer the services & trips for free to them for the advertising on the show. I would jump at the offer to go on vacation or a tummy tuck for free if all I had to do was promote it on the show. Jon & Kate & even the producer have said that there are college funds set for ALL the kids and there will be enough money in them to go to college debt free by the time they are done with the shows. Plus extra money for them to start their lives .. I would also jump at that chance for my kids. Yes Kate has her moments, but don't we all?? On top of the added stress of the cameras too. If Jon hated it so much, then he would leave. If cameras followed me around, people would probably say some of the same things about me & my life. In the end .. their kids have so many opportunities offered to them by their parents doing the show, that normally would not have been there.

txsteph Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:28pm
post #67 of 346

Also .. college costs for 8 children .. can you imagine the total cost of that? And to not have to worry about it now because of doing the show. That is one of the many reasons to keep doing the show. I only have 2 kids, and do not know how they will go to college besides student loans which then means they start their life in debt big time.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:41am
post #68 of 346

Yes, but it is a very fine line to walk....financial stability and independence vs. your children's privacy, sanity, and safety.

Deb_ Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:09am
post #69 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

Yes, but it is a very fine line to walk....financial stability and independence vs. your children's privacy, sanity, and safety.

Exactly!!

All 8 of us kids were educated in my family. We have 1 doctor, 1 registered nurse, 1 social worker, 1 attorney, 1 accountant, 2 teachers, and myself. Yes, we all started out with student loan debt, but I think it made us appreciate and work harder for what we all wanted.

My parents couldn't afford to offer us financial help for our education.......but they offered us a stable home and the love and support that money could never buy.

Did I mention our house had 1 bathroom for 10 people? icon_wink.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 4 May 2009 , 2:43am
post #70 of 346

I'd like to know how they get around the child labor laws.

Hmmm...free college, a mansion, and trips....but you have to sell your soul to the world. No thanks. All the superficial things in the world are not worth my childrens' sanity. My kids can't be bought.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 4 May 2009 , 5:02am
post #71 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

Hmmm...free college, a mansion, and trips....but you have to sell your soul to the world. No thanks. All the superficial things in the world are not worth my childrens' sanity. My kids can't be bought.

thumbs_up.gif Totally. It's one thing to open up your personal life to the scrutiny of the American public. It's another thing to put your CHILDREN in that position. Even for money or their "greater good" (meaning, their future in college, whatever.) I don't know, maybe they figure it will just be for a while, then they quit the show and in a few years everyone in America will have moved on to the next reality-fad-wannabe-celebrities and they and their kids can pursue a normal life. Hopefully their humanity won't have been irreversibly eaten away by then icon_rolleyes.gif.

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 4 May 2009 , 5:25am
post #72 of 346

Yeah they actually make 65 thousand per episode, not to mention all the personnal appearances and private babysitters they provide for them and all the other freebies. Is this done all for the kids? I think it started out that way. The channel also pays for people to come in and clean and take care of the laundry and a chef comes in x amount of times to do their cooking. Kate is just one of those people that let it all go to her head. I feel very sorry for Jon and the kids, though I think when Kate is napping he should sneak in her purse and take his balls back.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 4 May 2009 , 2:24pm
post #73 of 346

Can you say, "Pimp my kid"? Because that's all that is. Like I said before, there's no way they'd be making this money or be this successful with just Mady and Cara.

I love how they say in the opening segment, "We decided to try for one more and ended up with six"...how many eggs did you implant? You didn't just try for one. You implanted multiple eggs and had six, but you didn't just try for one...and now those babies are their meal tickets.

txsteph Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:50pm
post #74 of 346

How do you know how much per episode they make? A chef? where did that come in? I am just wondering how you got the inside details about all of it? As far as help coming in & cleaning, I remember last season I think it was them hiring a cleaning lady for twice a week, and Kate decided to fire her because she is picky & no one can clean it as good as she wants it so she would rather do it herself. I think the decisions made by them for their children are theirs to deal with in the end. If it turns out great .. then wonderful. If not, then the kids will have plenty of money to go to therapy. Either way, it is Jon & Kates decision to make. Same goes with the kids down the street or across the state.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:13am
post #75 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsteph

I think the decisions made by them for their children are theirs to deal with in the end.
Either way, it is Jon & Kates decision to make. Same goes with the kids down the street or across the state.

That is true! However, I don't think you (and I don't mean you personally, I mean "you" as in "whomever" icon_biggrin.gif) can fault ANYONE for "judging" them or having discussions about their behavior, because they put their life on TELEVISION for everyone to see, judge and develop opinions about!

You can't enter into THAT intrusive of a contract with the media, and not anticipate this kind of a result. And that is VERY different from the kids down the street and across that state.

Of course, this whole thread is just a discussion by different people full of different opinions on the matter, and some are going to agree with what that family is doing, and plenty are naturally going to be appalled. Which is why they were given a tv show in the first place...to get chumps like us dishing about their life. Ya just can't get peeved at those who dish...cuz that's the whole point of creating a "reality" tv show! icon_cool.gif

CAKEtankerous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEtankerous Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:56am
post #76 of 346

So true ceshell, once you decide to live your life in front of a camera for the sake of making money, then you agree with all that goes along with that, good, bad and ugly.

And you become free game to anyone with any kind of opinion. They are free to stop the show anytime they want I'm sure. But the money is just too good for them so........................

And my info was gotten off the internet.

jen1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #77 of 346

I think that fact that they had a website before the babies were even born, proves that they wanted to make money off of them. Why else would they have bought the site before they were even here? It's not like it was a Growthspurts page for their family...it was a real website, that I think they intended to use to make money. Everyone made such a big deal when octomom got a website...no different.

txsteph Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:22am
post #78 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsteph

I think the decisions made by them for their children are theirs to deal with in the end.
Either way, it is Jon & Kates decision to make. Same goes with the kids down the street or across the state.

That is true! However, I don't think you (and I don't mean you personally, I mean "you" as in "whomever" icon_biggrin.gif) can fault ANYONE for "judging" them or having discussions about their behavior, because they put their life on TELEVISION for everyone to see, judge and develop opinions about!

You can't enter into THAT intrusive of a contract with the media, and not anticipate this kind of a result. And that is VERY different from the kids down the street and across that state.

Of course, this whole thread is just a discussion by different people full of different opinions on the matter, and some are going to agree with what that family is doing, and plenty are naturally going to be appalled. Which is why they were given a tv show in the first place...to get chumps like us dishing about their life. Ya just can't get peeved at those who dish...cuz that's the whole point of creating a "reality" tv show! icon_cool.gif

I agree. I am not saying anyone should not discuss it or that we should not have varying opinions.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:13pm
post #79 of 346
Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:43pm
post #80 of 346

"once you decide to live your life in front of a camera for the sake of making money, then you agree with all that goes along with that, good, bad and ugly."

Why does this have to be so? Just because you choose to be a "TV Personality" does this mean that everything you do has to be made public? Why can't what happens when the camera's are off be private. I know that this society has become very voyeuristic with celebrities, but they deserve the same respect that the rest of us do. I don't agree with the consensus that they signed up for this. What you do in private is your business.

As for Kate, I have read her book Multiple Bessings and was very inspired by it. I think that the media and TLC have done an injustice to her. They only film about 3 or 4 days a week for about 12 - 14 hours. They edit the footage together to make it seem like all she does is yell at Jon. I admit, that sometimes the way she speaks bothers me, but we all say things at times that come across wrong.

Give the people a break. They may have signed up to have people film their family struggles, but they deserve to have some privacy as well.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:40pm
post #81 of 346

I would think that after she watches the show and see how she speaks to him that she would make a conscious (sp?) effort in trying to change that. But it seems as though she's getting worse every episode. If i were in Kate's position I would be embarrassed at how I speak to my husband. And I'd try not to do it especially around the kids. They do have a right to stop filming if they want...or I'm assuming that they can talk to the producers of the show and let them know that they are not happy with the way they are being portrayed (Kate especially) and that maybe they can try not to edit out the good things that go on (especially between her & Jon). But I guess It makes for good TV, and as the saying goes..."Money Talks, Bullsh*t Walks"

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 7 May 2009 , 6:08pm
post #82 of 346

If they (meaning Jon & Kate) got to view the editing process of their show, or even the final product before it airs, they would be shocked at how she inparticular is portrayed. You often hear from others who have been on reality shows that its the editors and how the put the show together to make is seem a certain way.
I think it is what it is. I don't think you could 'edit' her to be any way than what she is. Regardless of how many hours they are allowed to film or how many days the cameras are there, this is what it is.
I have to respectfully disagrees with Ronbon1984. They chose this for their family. The signed the contract with TLC that allowed "voyeurism" to be a part of their lives. You can't take the fame and all that comes with it and than say when things aren't going your way that enough is enough. With all the positives in life there are negatives. They chose to air both on national tv. They chose to invite us into their homes and lives, let us watch their kids grow and see how well life has been to them. (this is not meant to be read in any tone, not being snarky or bitchy, just saying)
The only ones I feel sorry for are the kids. As I said before, those kids are in for a rude awakening once the contract is up and the cameras are gone. icon_smile.gif

Tita9499 Posted 7 May 2009 , 7:32pm
post #83 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbob1984

"once you decide to live your life in front of a camera for the sake of making money, then you agree with all that goes along with that, good, bad and ugly."

Why does this have to be so? Just because you choose to be a "TV Personality" does this mean that everything you do has to be made public? Why can't what happens when the camera's are off be private. I know that this society has become very voyeuristic with celebrities, but they deserve the same respect that the rest of us do. I don't agree with the consensus that they signed up for this. What you do in private is your business.

As for Kate, I have read her book Multiple Bessings and was very inspired by it. I think that the media and TLC have done an injustice to her. They only film about 3 or 4 days a week for about 12 - 14 hours. They edit the footage together to make it seem like all she does is yell at Jon. I admit, that sometimes the way she speaks bothers me, but we all say things at times that come across wrong.

Give the people a break. They may have signed up to have people film their family struggles, but they deserve to have some privacy as well.

So let me pose this scenario to you, since you said "what you do in private is your business".

I'm assuming you're a guy since your screen name has two guys names in it. Say you were married and a friend of your wife sees you at a bar with another woman (not your wife) at 2AM...you're not on a tv show, shoot, your boss barely even knows your name. Do you think that friend who saw you would keep her mouth shut and not talk about what she saw because, "what you do in private is your business?"

I say all that to say that regardless of the fact that Jon & Kate have chosen to play out their lives (and the lives of their children) on camera, what they do in private (meaning off camera) will still be seen by the public (and their friends and family) and be talked about (discussed). I know because it happens to everyday shmoes like me. So it's amped up, sure, because of their reality tv status, but it would happen regardless.

It really bugs me when celebrities scream "We deserve our privacy too!", but then when they realize they've fallen off or aren't as popular they once were they backpedal or, sadly enough, create a scandal to get their names in people's mouths. You can't have the best of both worlds. Either you want to be in the public eye or you become a hermit like Johnny Depp...

Deb_ Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:06pm
post #84 of 346

Also I think there's a huge difference between a "celebrity" meaning actor/actress, and a *reality T.V. personality*.

When I hear the word "celebrity" I don't think of Jon and Kate or any of the other reality show people.

They are not actors, they are not *playing* a part or a role, they are being filmed showing their day to day life.........with their permission.

Having said that, when I see cameras following around REAL "celebrities" or "personalities" like Angelina, Brittany Spears, etc., just to try and get some *juicy* news on them............well to me that is overstepping the boundaries. That stuff is not any of our business and they should leave them alone.

Tita9499 Posted 7 May 2009 , 9:18pm
post #85 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Also I think there's a huge difference between a "celebrity" meaning actor/actress, and a *reality T.V. personality*.

When I hear the word "celebrity" I don't think of Jon and Kate or any of the other reality show people.

They are not actors, they are not *playing* a part or a role, they are being filmed showing their day to day life.........with their permission.

Having said that, when I see cameras following around REAL "celebrities" or "personalities" like Angelina, Brittany Spears, etc., just to try and get some *juicy* news on them............well to me that is overstepping the boundaries. That stuff is not any of our business and they should leave them alone.

That's true. If Jon & Kate are considered celebrities, then something's really wrong.

Tita9499 Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:13pm
post #86 of 346

Has anyone watched the top video (on the left side of the page) from the Today show with Kate? What did you think...

jen1977 Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:26pm
post #87 of 346

I think he cheated, and she knows that he did. She doesn't seem herself at all in the video...I actually felt bad for her. I saw a clip today of Jon supposedly leaving his mistress' house at 7:30 am one morning. It did look like him!

Tita9499 Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:46pm
post #88 of 346

I said the same thing. She looks like a woman who's caught her man cheating, but wants to save face. I feel bad for her too.

Deb_ Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:18am
post #89 of 346

Yeah I agree. I saw her on the Today show this morning and for the first time I actually felt a little sorry for her too.

I mean it's bad enough for a woman to find out that her husband may be having an affair, but then when you have to share that news with millions of people......well, that just stinks.

Tita9499 Posted 8 May 2009 , 4:44am
post #90 of 346

No...what STINKS is my DH telling me that Mariano Rivera should retire! That's what stinks! How dare he?!?!

***sticking my thumb in my mouth as I curl up into fetal position***

I'LL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU MARIANO!! YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY SANDMAN!!!

(Psst: Hey Deb, I know you're glad Manny isn't playin' for ya'll right about now!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%