John And Kate +8

Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm by Tita9499

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:06am
post #31 of 346

I will just say this: You don't live in their house, you don't know how they live when the cameras are not there, and unless you have multiples, you have no idea how difficult it is, or how much work it is.

I don't see either parent as being perfect, after all they haven't been translated on to heaven yet....and as a parent myself, I know that all my children have different personalities and you just can't please them all at the same time, or at any given time for that matter. And the Gosslin kids are no exception, they acting just like kids their age....

As far as the "freebies" go that they may or may not have received goes: I know that the husband has a full time job that pays him very well, and if someone wants to give them something just because they want to...so be it. And they are making alot of money with the show. Theirs to do with how they see fit. It's no one else's business. I think they have been very fortunate and blessed that they have been able to have them. Hair plugs, tummy tuck, tans, or whatever else they have.

I happen to know that a great many of the generous gifts they get they donate back to charities that they support, and to other charitable organizations. Not only do they do that, but they involve their children in it as well. I find the admirable.

And I love Kate's hair....if it makes her feel good then that is all that counts. You try being with 8 kids in that age range everyday and see how you feel??? It's great that she can do all that she does and still find the time to stay so put together. I wish I could have done that when my kids were that age. Lord knows I needed it!!

I am certain that some of us have experienced turbulence in your own marriages, and if you say you haven't your a liar; this families just happens to be out there for the public to view. Again, not for us to judge. That is a private matter between the couple. Shame on the media for thinking they have a right to snoop in their private lives and call in "NEWS", and shame on the people that read it and call it "the public's right to know".....

I feel certain in saying that I am sure that anyone on the CC that is married is guilty of not being "the perfect spouse" on occasion and that we have all spoken harshly or sharply to our spouses from time to time. That is human nature, and while it may not be the right way to do things, it is "fixable" and again, it is a matter between the couples to work on, privately...

It makes me sick how just because someone is in the public eye, the public think they have a right to be nosy in their very personal business. Despicable and wrong not matter how you look at it. Why do it? Does it make your life better to gossip about the misfortune or hardship of others? If you answer yes to that, you have some serious issues....

And by the way, if you don't like what you see, change the doggone channel and get on with it people.....

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:31am
post #32 of 346

momkiksbutt is something bothering you lately? The past couple of posts I've seen of yours have been scolding or finger wagging and telling people if they don't like it here "don't let the door hit you in the a$$" (your words not mine on the last one)

I don't get it...........it seems like you have a problem with people having opinions that differ from yours.

This is the *lounge* forum, people are voicing their opinions on a very public TV family.

Not getting you lately, I hope all is OK with you and your family. If not and something is bothering you well I'm sorry and I hope things turn around for you soon. Life's too short to be unhappy.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 12:20pm
post #33 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momkiksbutt

I will just say this: You don't live in their house, you don't know how they live when the cameras are not there, and unless you have multiples, you have no idea how difficult it is, or how much work it is.

I don't see either parent as being perfect, after all they haven't been translated on to heaven yet....and as a parent myself, I know that all my children have different personalities and you just can't please them all at the same time, or at any given time for that matter. And the Gosslin kids are no exception, they acting just like kids their age....

As far as the "freebies" go that they may or may not have received goes: I know that the husband has a full time job that pays him very well, and if someone wants to give them something just because they want to...so be it. And they are making alot of money with the show. Theirs to do with how they see fit. It's no one else's business. I think they have been very fortunate and blessed that they have been able to have them. Hair plugs, tummy tuck, tans, or whatever else they have.

I happen to know that a great many of the generous gifts they get they donate back to charities that they support, and to other charitable organizations. Not only do they do that, but they involve their children in it as well. I find the admirable.

And I love Kate's hair....if it makes her feel good then that is all that counts. You try being with 8 kids in that age range everyday and see how you feel??? It's great that she can do all that she does and still find the time to stay so put together. I wish I could have done that when my kids were that age. Lord knows I needed it!!

I am certain that some of us have experienced turbulence in your own marriages, and if you say you haven't your a liar; this families just happens to be out there for the public to view. Again, not for us to judge. That is a private matter between the couple. Shame on the media for thinking they have a right to snoop in their private lives and call in "NEWS", and shame on the people that read it and call it "the public's right to know".....

I feel certain in saying that I am sure that anyone on the CC that is married is guilty of not being "the perfect spouse" on occasion and that we have all spoken harshly or sharply to our spouses from time to time. That is human nature, and while it may not be the right way to do things, it is "fixable" and again, it is a matter between the couples to work on, privately...

It makes me sick how just because someone is in the public eye, the public think they have a right to be nosy in their very personal business. Despicable and wrong not matter how you look at it. Why do it? Does it make your life better to gossip about the misfortune or hardship of others? If you answer yes to that, you have some serious issues....

And by the way, if you don't like what you see, change the doggone channel and get on with it people.....

The father does not have a job. Neither does the mother.

From what I've read they have a personal cook, people who help with daily chores, people who help with the kids, people who help with the finances, people who help with the purchases, and again neither work. Sounds like a pretty easy life raising eight kids.

You can't tape every second of your life for the public to see and then complain about privacy. John and Kate care nothing of their childrens' privacy so why care about theirs?

Deb_ Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:51pm
post #34 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

You can't tape every second of your life for the public to see and then complain about privacy. John and Kate care nothing of their childrens' privacy so why care about theirs?

Exactly......it's not like people are getting this stuff by snooping in their windows or going through their trash. It's aired on TV for ALL to see and *judge* for themselves. If it weren't then that would be different.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 3:36pm
post #35 of 346
Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion, just as we are entitled to ours. If it makes you sick, change the thread you're reading.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #36 of 346

they have placed themselved to be viewed by the public. They have asked to have their privacy invaded and show all their good, bad, and the ugly. We all know what things are like when we are not at our best. We all know that there are part of our live we would never want know about us. We do not ask to have our lives day in day out on tv and then wonder why people see us as we really are. To disrupt an entire family and make decisions on behalf of children who have no idea horrible. This is the lounge in which people can but their opinions forth about the stated topic. Like love it or leave it.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:41pm
post #37 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

they have placed themselved to be viewed by the public. They have asked to have their privacy invaded and show all their good, bad, and the ugly. We all know what things are like when we are not at our best. We all know that there are part of our live we would never want know about us. We do not ask to have our lives day in day out on tv and then wonder why people see us as we really are. To disrupt an entire family and make decisions on behalf of children who have no idea horrible. This is the lounge in which people can but their opinions forth about the stated topic. Like love it or leave it.

thumbs_up.gif Well said.

I'd just like to add: No one here is saying anything bad about the kids. Don't. Mess. With. Kids. EVER. But their parents put themselves in the public eye by pimping out their family for cash. Not only that, but it IS their personal life that we're supposed to be watching on this "reality" show, so I think we have every reason to discuss and debate how "real" it actually is. Okay, I'm done now.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:13am
post #38 of 346

Anytime I can see a potty full of your 2 year olds poo, or see your distorted belly prior to a tummy tuck or watch you berate your husband like he's one of your children; I stop believing that your privacy is a priority in your life. They want privacy when the backlash of what they're doing becomes more than the pats on the back, and that's not the way the world works. I didn't sign up to do a TLC show, they did.

I AM a mother of multiples...where's my free tummy tuck? Where's my kids VIP pass to handfeed giraffes or go backstage to see famous baseball players? Hmmm? Nowhere.

I respect everyone's decision to live their life, but if Jon and Kate didn't have those sextuplets, they wouldn't be on tv. They ARE using their children to make money, period. It's been said before, when those children stop being known as "On of the Gosselin Sextuplets" and are treated like individuals, its going to be a kick in the pants because they're going to realize that you aren't as marketable as a balding adult as you were when you were part of the the "8". Who do I blame? Jon & Kate, because they're so caught up in the fame of it all, that they're willing to keep their children's lives plastered for the world to see. It seems Kate is more than Jon, but he still needs to grow a pair and speak up for his family or those children may resent them for the rest of their lives.

Just my opinion.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:38am
post #39 of 346

Thank you Tita!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #40 of 346

here here, tita~ thumbs_up.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 11:55am
post #41 of 346
Quote:

WOW icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

Tita9499 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:04pm
post #42 of 346

My thoughts precisely KKC

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:14pm
post #43 of 346

SO, I just went to my mailbox, and got my copy of this weeks Us Weekly icon_redface.gif. On the cover? John cheating, with a 4 page article with pics of the girl and him together.

Interesting...

Tita9499 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:32pm
post #44 of 346

Stop! That's horrible. I hope it's not true. No matter how much they get under my skin, I'd never wish for a broken home for those kids.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:32pm
post #45 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

SO, I just went to my mailbox, and got my copy of this weeks Us Weekly icon_redface.gif. On the cover? John cheating, with a 4 page article with pics of the girl and him together.

Interesting...

I just read that on Yahoo news...so sad!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:35am
post #46 of 346

So if they get a divorce I wonder how they will divvy up the assets...err I mean kids? icon_twisted.gif

Those poor children.

Deb_ Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:03am
post #47 of 346

All I can say is I'm SOOOOOO happy that I'm not on T.V.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:39am
post #48 of 346

Well he's right about the poor judgment part, but honestly, going out drinking with a friend of the opposite sex hardly = cheating. Stupid and definitely not "respectable behavior," but...cheating? icon_confused.gif You know the media does the same thing with *real* celebrities - they can't be seen with anyone other than their "significant other" or they are accused of cheating. I'm not saying the guy isn't a tool; in fact it sounds like a pretty dysfunctional family and you all have made me soooooo glad I don't watch the show icon_wink.gif ...but knowing that he his whole life is being taped, I rather doubt he is literally "having an affair"...KWIM?

I think that as a contingency for receiving all of those mounds of free stuff, money, publicity, whatever...that people like this should be forced to take parenting classes. LOTS of them. Cuz this behavior is hardly parenting, and you know the saddest thing is, if the kids don't suffer from it, there is a good chance that instead they may grow up to BE like this. Nice role modeling, John+Kate.

cakes22 Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:20pm
post #49 of 346

Just curious if this "cheating" was when we had gone out partying with the college girls when he was visiting his ill mother (see last season's last episode) or is this a new one?
I am not a condoner of cheating, but I can see why he may have done it.
Anyone who is treated the way that Kate treats him will rebel at some point in some way/shape or form. If this is what we see on TV then can you imagine what it is like when the cameras aren't around?

This seems to be a classic case of "too much, too fast".

Unfortunately, their kids are going to have to deal with whatever happens. Even 10 yrs down the road, they will be ridiculed. Kids can be mean to begin with to other kids who aren't on TV. They are going to have some trust issues to deal with. How are they going to have normal relationships with people without thinking that they want to be their friends cause of their last name?or being famous?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:32pm
post #50 of 346

This is a new one.

cakes22 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:05pm
post #51 of 346

Ouch.......he got caught again, hmmmm?

Sounds like a cry for help...from someone holding on to the edge of sanity by his fingertips!!

Maybe he WANTS to get caught, be the bad guy and get the heck out of Dodge?

He's not ALL THAT, anyway.......

Tita9499 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:37pm
post #52 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

I am not a condoner of cheating, but I can see why he may have done it.
Anyone who is treated the way that Kate treats him will rebel at some point in some way/shape or form. If this is what we see on TV then can you imagine what it is like when the cameras aren't around?

That's the same thing my DH said when I told him. He also came up with the new name for the show, "Kate+8-1=HUGE child support payment". Little long, but accurate.
I'm just thinking, "Man, Kate's really got to be tearing him a new one. He thought the coupon was bad..."

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 1 May 2009 , 7:38pm
post #53 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

I'm just thinking, "Man, Kate's really got to be tearing him a new one. He thought the coupon was bad..."

LOL icon_lol.gif That's exactly what I was thinking!

The earlier shows were much better, even though there was still bickering, it felt more like a real family, now there are too many trips, perks, etc...that the average real family doesn't have. Its kind of lost the original concept, "How to survive with twins/sextuplets"

Tita9499 Posted 1 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #54 of 346

Yeah, a very unrealistic way to paint families with multiples. I like the way the Duggar's have portrayed large families'. Of course no one's perfect, but they give us a realistic view of how you should take care of a giangantor family if you should decide to have one.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:33am
post #55 of 346

There is something about the Duggar's that weirds me out...but your right, at least they show them taking care of all of those kids which, to me, makes a more enjoyable show. You also couldn't say real bad things about them or dislike them because they just seem too darn nice. I think maybe what got me is that their son had never kissed anyone before his wedding day, but I guess, to each their own. As long as they are happy with their life, who I am to judge, as I don't think they seem like judgemental people.

Deb_ Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:42am
post #56 of 346

Wouldn't you just like to hear one of the Duggar parents say a little curse word once in a while? Like, I don't know, *damn* maybe icon_biggrin.gif

I've only seen them on the Today show, do they have their own reality show too?

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:48am
post #57 of 346

dkelly - they do - it's called 18 kids and counting or something like that and it's on tlc as well.

Tita9499 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #58 of 346

Yeah, Carson, they are a little bit too goody two shoes, but I'm sort of jealous that I'm not like that. I thought it was awesome that their son had the self-control and discipline not to hug or kiss before their wedding day...could you imagine the honeymoon- ooh child!

They seem very non-judgmental. They went to San Francisco and stopped to talk to so many random people. They don't have the close minds that some Christians are known to have.

On the contrary, I find it sad that Jon and Kate wear t-shirts with bible scriptures and profess their faith at every turn and yet Jon's out a 2am at some bar with some woman (friend or not) that's not his wife. There's so many wrong decisions it's ridiculous. I'm not saying that as a Christian he has to be perfect, but the world already watches Christians to see if they stumble and that just adds fuel to the fire.

I'm no Kate, but let me see my DH out at 2am with some chick at a bar...he's gonna be lookin' for Jesus' second coming cause I'm gonna go off! BTW, did you notice that Kate was across the country promoting some book while he was out at the bar...one question. Who was with the kids?

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:38am
post #59 of 346

We don't have cable so I've never seen the show.
I get asked if I do all the time, as if living with a large family means I have time to watch a large family on tv in my spare time. icon_confused.gif

I am sorry for the kids, they are not living a life to be admired or inveighed. As for the parents...isn't there a saying that goes something like "the action of observing someone causes the one observed to behave in a manner different than if they were not under scrutiny."
I'm just saying that with cameras around all the time how can someone be 'themselves'? In other words what is on the screen isn't really them.

It seems as if the house of cards they have built for themselves is about to come tumbling down. What a mess.
It is just too sad for all involved.
Except for the media which will go looking for its next family to exploit.

mommachris

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:12am
post #60 of 346

If I was skinny, I would totally cut my hair like Kate....I love it. The drama, haven't kept up with it. I used to click on TMZ and Perez Hilton fanatically 259 times a day. Ahhhh...now it's Cakewrecks and CC! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%