John And Kate +8

Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm by Tita9499

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:58pm
post #181 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

The dancing thing and saving the first kiss until marriage...now, I completely support people saving their viginity, but kissing?? I am also not interested in having that many children and dressing as they do, but I think they seem like they are lovely people and I definitely don't judge them for it. I'd rather be like Momma Duggar (sorry, her name escapes me right now) than Momma Kate, and that's why I have stopped letting my DD watch Kate - not the mother she needs to be!

You said it! I also think that the kids should be given some more experience in the world - it seems that they are kept at home alot. Maybe letting them go to some events alone, at least the teenagers. But overall, I do love their values - it shows that they care about their children, unlike J&K. Oh, and the mom is Michelle.

On a side note - I just saw a preview for J&K's season opener, and they all go to CCC to meet Duff and make birthday cakes for Kate.

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:09am
post #182 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

The dancing thing and saving the first kiss until marriage...now, I completely support people saving their viginity, but kissing?? I am also not interested in having that many children and dressing as they do, but I think they seem like they are lovely people and I definitely don't judge them for it. I'd rather be like Momma Duggar (sorry, her name escapes me right now) than Momma Kate, and that's why I have stopped letting my DD watch Kate - not the mother she needs to be!

You said it! I also think that the kids should be given some more experience in the world - it seems that they are kept at home alot. Maybe letting them go to some events alone, at least the teenagers. But overall, I do love their values - it shows that they care about their children, unlike J&K. Oh, and the mom is Michelle.

On a side note - I just saw a preview for J&K's season opener, and they all go to CCC to meet Duff and make birthday cakes for Kate.

Yeah, cakes for Kate. What about the kids? Not even a mom there on their birthday. Sick!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:43am
post #183 of 346

Kate seems like the type that should've never had children. I always thought it strange how she'd just sit around and kind of direct Jon on how to care for them (and go postal when he'd make a simple mistake). Now she shows just how much she puts herself first. It's so annoying.

It's funny you mention the kissing before marriage. I used to be a youth leader at our church in Germany for about 5 years. The kids used to get so mad at me when I'd say, "Kissing can get a girl pregnant!". When I explained that if you are a good kisser/getting a good kiss, it's hard to say no to what can follow and it may end up with sex which could lead pregnancy, I shut a lot of kids up. The only reason why it's so far fetched in our culture is because of the way society has said, we need to "test the goods before buying". A lot of cultures still practice the supervised courtships and no dating rule. I for one will teach my children to wait as long as possible before engaging in any type of affection. I know from experience that it's hard to forget those memories you create, and I don't think it's fair to my DH to be reminded of some dork I kissed in the 11th grade whenever I hear a lame song come on the radio. JMHO though.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:11am
post #184 of 346

I don't think that kissing is something to take lightly either, I just feel that if you teach kids self respect and how to respect others, then a good kiss doesn't have to lead to pre-marital sex, especially with someone you love and respect. I suppose there is always a fine line with teenage hormones...

I guess we are getting off topic now, what lead us here is we are concerned about what kind of people the Gosslin kids will turn out to be if life keeps on like it is, I can see a tell-all book in the future! It sadly reminds me of the Dionne Quintuplets...born in the 30s, but replace a fame seeking doctor and a money hungry government with a fame seeking money hungry mother...there are lessons to learn from history!!

Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #185 of 346

Never heard of the Dionne's. But you know, you look at most child stars and a lot of them have had a troubled youth, and they actually wanted to do it! Imagine these children who are pretty much forced to do this because of their money-hungry mom, how much more traumatized they're going to be?

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:13pm
post #186 of 346

Dionne sextuplets were born to a poor family in Canada I think around the early 40's. The government and the doctor who delivered them thought it would be 'in the best interest of the children' to take them away from their family. Give them up or we will take them from you cause you are fit ( rich enough) to raise them.
They set up a sort of human zoo. The children were raised on display for the paying public. Can you imagine going out to ride your bike and having people gawking and pointing at you? There were items galore to be purchased all bearing the Dionne name. I don't think the parents were compensated. As if money could make up for losing time with your babies. It's a very sad, sad story of greed and government intrusion.

mommachris

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:14pm
post #187 of 346

The Dionne's quints were born in Canada and basically treated like a zoo exhibit. They only lived with their family for 4 months before they became wards of the King. They were put on "display" for people who "paid" to see them. The Ontario government made a profit from this approx 1 million dollars and made the province 51 million dollars in tourism . In the 1930's the quints were actually more popular than Niagara Falls.

Kate, I think has gone to the extreme. But, where is her family?? I have seen her brother pleading for the madness to end, but what about her parents? Maybe everyone is scared of her. Lord knows, Jon is.

Intervention & Jon & Kate + 8 should do a cross over show.......

icon_twisted.gif

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:15pm
post #188 of 346

oops, I stand corrected. It was the Dionne QUINTUPLETS. icon_redface.gif

mommachris

Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:19pm
post #189 of 346

WOW! That is horrific! I couldn't imagine that ever happening, but sadly, it's not surprising.

Kate has always said that she's estranged from her parents. I just wish people would speak up and let her know that it seems to be in the best interest of her children and her family that she gets off this publicity train and try to attempt a life in the shadows. Pride comes before a fall, and you can't always control how fast or how hard you fall.

cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:31pm
post #190 of 346

You would think with this much bad publicity that TLC would be a little pi$$ed with all the rumors & photos, but I guess they are looking at it as free publicity for their show.

But as humans with a heart......I would like to think that a least someone involved in that network(TLC) would see that what is going on is not good for the kids!??!!!

It's too bad we (people in the generic form) couldn't boycott the show & her book & all her lectures!!!

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:04pm
post #191 of 346

I've been reading this thread for a while and have always had a few thoughts on the J&K+8 story that I've kept to myself. Tita's comment "Kate seems like the type that should've never had children" made me just have to comment.

Doesn't anyone else notice or wonder about the fact that those children don't look to be biologically Kate's kids? They are only supposedly 1/4 Korean (Jon is half Korean) and from what I know and have seen of genetics, it seems highly unlikely that 8 out of 8 kids would be darker than both parents, have Korean features and brown eyes when one parent is blond and both have light eyes...8 out of 8, genetics doesn't work that way. Kate addressed this question on the show once and said something about being part Korean and the Korean gene being dominant but that isn't genetically true. One racial gene is no more dominant than another. This is just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking that she had donor eggs and those kids aren't biologically hers and they keep that part of the story under wraps.

Now I don't want to get flamed. I DO realize that non-biological parents can be loving and wonderful parents. I KNOW this is true. I also know that kids can pick up genes from all directions but 8 of 8? They might look a little like their father but they have no resemblance to mom. I say all this because Tita may be right, that some people were not meant to be parents and I believe Kate is one of them. She has shown herself to be self-centered and NOT focused on those kids like she pretends to be. She may think she loves them but I don't think she really knows what motherly love is. And is it possible that some people cannot bond with kids they know are not biologically their own, yes I do believe that is true. I don't profess to know or understand everything about this story but these are just my personal observations.

I would also like to encourage everyone who is outraged by this story and the story of octumom to not watch their shows on TLC, to boycott the magazines with them on the cover and the 20/20 specials. I even turn off the news when they are on it. All your watching and reading is being counted and the polls and ratings only encougage this horrible and sick behavior. Kate needs to get off the air and fix her family away from the cameras.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:08pm
post #192 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

WOW! That is horrific! I couldn't imagine that ever happening, but sadly, it's not surprising.

And large multiples are not that uncommon anymore and human rights have come a long way since the 1930s...but now its the parents who stand to make the $$ from their children. Its really the same thing, those children are on display for the world, just with better technology.

I really had no problem in the beginning with the 1hr specials, but now it just seems so greedy and Kate seems like she is becoming less and less a mother and more interested in the fame and money.

I for one have no idea what Kate could teach me in one of her lectures or books, I have not seen an outstanding display of parenting...

Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:26pm
post #193 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

I've been reading this thread for a while and have always had a few thoughts on the J&K+8 story that I've kept to myself. Tita's comment "Kate seems like the type that should've never had children" made me just have to comment.

Doesn't anyone else notice or wonder about the fact that those children don't look to be biologically Kate's kids? They are only supposedly 1/4 Korean (Jon is half Korean) and from what I know and have seen of genetics, it seems highly unlikely that 8 out of 8 kids would be darker than both parents, have Korean features and brown eyes when one parent is blond and both have light eyes...8 out of 8, genetics doesn't work that way. Kate addressed this question on the show once and said something about being part Korean and the Korean gene being dominant but that isn't genetically true. One racial gene is no more dominant than another. This is just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking that she had donor eggs and those kids aren't biologically hers and they keep that part of the story under wraps.

Now I don't want to get flamed. I DO realize that non-biological parents can be loving and wonderful parents. I KNOW this is true. I also know that kids can pick up genes from all directions but 8 of 8? They might look a little like their father but they have no resemblance to mom. I say all this because Tita may be right, that some people were not meant to be parents and I believe Kate is one of them. She has shown herself to be self-centered and NOT focused on those kids like she pretends to be. She may think she loves them but I don't think she really knows what motherly love is. And is it possible that some people cannot bond with kids they know are not biologically their own, yes I do believe that is true. I don't profess to know or understand everything about this story but these are just my personal observations.

I would also like to encourage everyone who is outraged by this story and the story of octumom to not watch their shows on TLC, to boycott the magazines with them on the cover and the 20/20 specials. I even turn off the news when they are on it. All your watching and reading is being counted and the polls and ratings only encougage this horrible and sick behavior. Kate needs to get off the air and fix her family away from the cameras.

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif That's deeeeep Kathy! I never looked at it that way. I did find it odd that none of those children even slitghly resemble Kate.

I also agree that their show and anything having to do with them should be boy cotted. I don't want to continue putting money into her greedy pocket.

cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #194 of 346

An article discussing the Korean gene & how Kate wishes she was Korean

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/730307/jon_kate_plus_8_kate_wishes_she_was.html

Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:44pm
post #195 of 346

She'd be shunned if she were Korean. My step-father is South Korean and the Asian culture prides itself on their respect for others (especially husbands and wives and elders). There's no way.

cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:52pm
post #197 of 346

She wanted her girls to look like "little china dolls". Ummm, does this sound kinda disrespectful? To analyze this further china dolls are precious and fragile, and she certainly isn't treating her own children that way.

Personally, I find Asian women & men to be very exotic looking and quite beautiful, and some mixed asian and other nationalities are gorgeous.

All of the kids will be nice looking, the girls will be beautiful, which won't help with their perspective & outlook on the world, thanks to Mommy Dearest........

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:52pm
post #198 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

First if you look at the original pictures of Kate she isn't a natural blonde.

I don't know about John's parents but it's possible that he only carries the genectic material for dark eyes and hair, if one parent is a brown hair/eyed European and the other is Korean it's the most likely case. If he doesn't carry a gene for blue eye's or blonde hair the chance of any children he has having those genetic traits is very low (I believe there might be a couple of unlikely exceptions) or impossible.

Dark eyes and hair are genetically dominent, that's why you don't see people who are very pale with dark children.

I have no idea about the genetic dominence of Asian eye shapes but skin color is normally between the shades of the parents. The children easily could appear darker than their father because they spend more time outdoors than him and would be likely to tan because they already have darker skin.

Having said that it's also possible for both parents to carry the genetic material for blonde hair, etc and for all the kids to have dark hair. My father is part Gypsy and looks it with very dark hair, skin and eyes but his full sister has blue eyes and light brown hair. My mother's family is white and several of her siblings are blonde, she has pale skin but dark hair and hazel eyes. I am one of their seven children and all of us have brown hair and all but one of us have brown eyes of different shades (one has hazel) while all our cousins are pretty pale. We also know that we carry the genetic traits for different hair/eye colors, between us we've had 10 children and only a couple have brown hair or eyes.

Every time you try to concieve a child with a parent who has the genetic traits for brown hair and the recessive for blonde with a blonde parent you have a 50/50 chance of getting brown hair.

cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:55pm
post #199 of 346

tita~ I can so believe that!!! I wouldn't work for her, no way , no how!!! Not enough money in the world.

tamarawagner99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamarawagner99 Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:34pm
post #200 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

An article discussing the Korean gene & how Kate wishes she was Korean

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/730307/jon_kate_plus_8_kate_wishes_she_was.html

Oh. My. Gawd. More fodder to feed Kate's already ginormous ego.
While I know that she is physically a very attractive person, it's really hard to see it past all the nastiness she spews.

tamarawagner99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamarawagner99 Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:43pm
post #201 of 346
Quote:

It's official: Kate G. is a bona fide witch! And cuckoo for cocoa puffs to boot...what's with the whole "cross-contamination" thing all because her help washed her hands in one sink as opposed to another?

It seemed that there were some folks on CC at the ready to defend her and all her actions. But, folks, you can't make this stuff up. And every time we turn around there's another article or clip with someone else confirming what we all deduced a while ago: she's not a nice person.

Tita9499 Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:03pm
post #202 of 346

Was flippin' channels and had to stop on a rerun. Kate was fussing at Jon because...get this: "He was breathing too loudly"!

No lie, she said, "Can you please stop breathing so loudly?" LOL! That poor man! He must be a monk or something.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:35pm
post #203 of 346

With the genetic resemblance-yes I think that is normal. Our uncle married an Indonesian woman, and all of their kids look 100% Asian. He said when he takes them out alone, that people actually ask if they are adopted Mandarin babies because there is no resemblance. I think that the Asian genes are very, very dominant.

cakes22 Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:01pm
post #204 of 346

I got the People Mag. with Kate on the cover and read the article/interview on her which took place during Mother's Day weekend. For a brief period I kinda felt sorry for her. Crazy I know, but still. The only problem with the story is that it is her point of view and not Jon's. Jon has a little box where he states that he is used poor judgement on somethings. Basically he is saying that because he married so young (22, she was 24) and had all the kids by age 27, that he never got to party in his 20's.!!! I got married at 19, and have been married for 17 years (hubby is 5 yrs older) I don't think I missed out on anything, I found a balance within marriage. Maybe the difference is that my DH isn't ragging on me 24/7, and we have a mutual respect for each other and we love each other unconditionally (insert collective "awwwwww").
Anyway, she goes on to say that she has tried to make Jon happy, he wanted a job she said fine go get one (he didn't), he wanted to move to get away from everyone, they did, still no happy. icon_cry.gif He wants to stop the show, she says no (that sounds like she is really trying). The show to her is her kids future. Everything she has done is for the kids. ummmm, do bleaching your teeth, getting a tummy tuck is helping your kids how???

Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm only watching TLC when Cake Boss is on!!! Next week!!!! WoooHooo!!

Tita9499 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:24pm
post #205 of 346

Yeah, this is like a bad train wreck, you want to look away but you, for some reason, have to look. I wonder how much she was paid for that interview. I gotta step away, she's irking me to no end and I don't even know her. I'm going to pray for her and her family and be done with it.

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:49pm
post #206 of 346

I don't necessarily agree with the way Kate carries on, but she has 8 children, most whom are the same age!

If you have ONE kid you know the sacrafice and relentless work that goes into him or her.

Sometimes, as woman, you just have to be the B$tch and tell people to get it right or get out of your way so that you can get it all done.

As for her plastic surgery, makeovers and spa dates and manicures... I say YOU GO KATE! Pamper yourself. Appreciate yourself and feel beautiful! (What's wrong with that. We usually applaud people who have work done for NO reason. Why can't we let a person who truly needs have it in peace. Or do you think she should suffer because you don't like her.)

And the way the media is now portraying her as a monster makes me so MAAD! Why not call her cheating husband out for running around with "young girls". He knew that having all those kids was going to be a CHALLENGE why is he getting a free ride? or is now OK to be unfaithful when your wife gets on your nerves?

If Kate's attitude and strong personality is a problem for him, perhaps he should quit his job so he can stay at home with them all the time and let Kate pursue her career.

Or maybe he should get some BALLS and tell her to shut up every now and then. If she is out of hand, he let her get that way. Be a man and stand up to her and pursue change in your relationship. DON'T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE who has sacraficed herself to raise your children!

GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE, it's the children who will suffer for your selfishness! icon_sad.gif

(I am seething right now. I'm sure it has more to do with the ET special I just watched.)

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:24pm
post #207 of 346

yeah, you do know the sacrifices that go into being a mother, with one kid or twenty kids. But you know what, she was the one, not Jon, who wanted to try "for just one more" well like someone else said, you don't always get one more when you put in multiples of eggs. So you should of know then what sacrifices would have to be made, instead of writing out your own blogspots BEFORE your children were born, letting everyone know you hit the gravy train.

You don't think someone can be at peace with themselves unless they have the plastic surgery, or the teeth whitening, or the tummy tucks? You know how many mothers are out there at peace with themselves, that haven't had any of that stuff done? I would have to say Michelle Duggar is a peace with herself, and I can tell you I don't think shes had her teeth whitened or her tummy tucked. And shes got a lot more kids then Kate!

You know the media did call out her husband for cheating, but then you know what, they called kate out for cheating too .. so I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Jon has quit his job .. didn't you hear? Once they started making 75,000 per episode, why would he bother with a job? They are able to afford million dollar homes with out either one of them working, oh yeah, I guess kate is working, if you consider book signing tours and pricey hotels and private planes and bodyguards work ... well, the bodyguard might be work, but I think she might be enjoying that kind of work icon_eek.gif

I don't think theres many people on this thread that are going to agree with your statement of kate sacrificing herself to raise his kids ... I think it will be a cold day you know where before that happens.

Just my 2cents

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #208 of 346

They make $75K PER EPISODE????????

Holy crap. I wouldn't work either! I hope they are banking that for when those kids start driving (OMG, can you imagine the insurance premium?) and for college, rather than blowing it all now.

I hope that they can pull it together for the sake of the kids. She needs therapy and they both need marriage counseling.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:58pm
post #209 of 346

I have been following this since the begining. I don't know exactly how I feel or what I beleive about Jon & Kate. I have watched the show off an on since the start.

First, I do give them credit for having all the kids. The doctors tried to talk them into "selective whatever, but they wouldn't have any part of it. I think that is great! They knew the chances, but never really dreamed it would happen.

I don't really feel the same way as they do about alot of the rules, but I can't really fault them for it. It's their kids an they are or were trying to do what they felt was best.

I do hope that for those childrens sake, that they have just gotten hooked on the spotlight an lost track of whats important. I hope that they can return to their roots, before it's too late. I think it's a shame that none of the family is involved and I think it's awful that they are on the interent trashing them. Whether it's true or not, those kids are going to grow an read an hear all this. I'm affraid that things have gone so far (an bad) for the family, that they will never be able to forgive an be a real family again.

I just read Kate's first book, Multiple Blessings. I had been wanting to read it since it came out, but just now found it cheap enough to buy. I have to say, both of their families were involved until recently. Kate talks about different ones talking the girls when she was in the hospital and even talks about them staying at the house when the kids came home. I think that the book was really good. I hope that the women who wrote it can come back for her families sake. I'm not sure what has happened this last year, but she's not the same women she was.

I'll hush now an let everyone contunie.

Katie icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #210 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlayers

I don't necessarily agree with the way Kate carries on, but she has 8 children, most whom are the same age!

If you have ONE kid you know the sacrafice and relentless work that goes into him or her.

Sometimes, as woman, you just have to be the B$tch and tell people to get it right or get out of your way so that you can get it all done.

As for her plastic surgery, makeovers and spa dates and manicures... I say YOU GO KATE! Pamper yourself. Appreciate yourself and feel beautiful! (What's wrong with that. We usually applaud people who have work done for NO reason. Why can't we let a person who truly needs have it in peace. Or do you think she should suffer because you don't like her.)

I'm the youngest of 8 kids.........the older five were born in a 4 yr period. I can assure you that my poor mom didn't have teeth whitening (heck in the 40's & 50's there wasn't such a thing), a tummy tuck, or any of those other luxuries that Kate has enjoyed *free* of charge.

My mom was too busy being our MOTHER, because that's what being a mother to 8 children is........BUSY! She didn't have people to watch us so she could get her hair done, she never had her hair done professionally until I became a hairdresser.

My mom was a great mother who sacrificed her entire life for her family as did my dad. My dad's highest yearly salary was $17k icon_eek.gif We didn't have matching clothes, and perfect shoes, but we had LOVE and we had a very close family.

I really wish the public would boycott this show and others like it. If people didn't watch it, it would be canceled. Just because Kate & Jon are stupid and greedy enough to invite cameras into their home doesn't mean "we" have to watch it. Let's change the channel.

For those of you who don't know what it's like to be from such a large family, I can assure you it's NOTHING like this circus.

These parents have *sold* their children out to the highest bidder........it's so disgusting............I wish Kate would stop saying they are doing it for their children. That's the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time.

BTW, I can think of a lot of words to describe my mom and believe me "bitch" is NOT one of them. My parents had an undying love and devotion to each other, they always spoke with respect and love for the other, you don't need to be a "bitch" to get what you want.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%