Aberdeen Proving Ground Anyone?

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm by SugarBakerz

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone know about this part of Maryland, other than that its a base? I am curious about the surrounding area for living and education for small children.

5 replies
sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:51am
post #2 of 6

I work on base at Aberdeen. It is not a bad area but you do have to watch some parts of Aberdeen. For example Belair and Falston and Havre de Grace are all good areas. Some parts of Aberdeen are not the best but you just have to watch what neighborhoods you look in. I do not have children but I do not think that I would want them to go to Aberdeen for school. I would prefer Belair or Falston area for school. I hope this helps a little bit. I hope you dont get the impression that this is a high crime area by any means its just some parts are nicer than others.

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:52am
post #3 of 6

I work on base at Aberdeen. It is not a bad area but you do have to watch some parts of Aberdeen. For example Belair and Falston and Havre de Grace are all good areas. Some parts of Aberdeen are not the best but you just have to watch what neighborhoods you look in. I do not have children but I do not think that I would want them to go to Aberdeen for school. I would prefer Belair or Falston area for school. I hope this helps a little bit. I hope you dont get the impression that this is a high crime area by any means its just some parts are nicer than others.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:06pm
post #4 of 6

This brings back memories! I was there a lot as a kid.. my brother and his family lived on base. neighbors were all ver friendly. I hope you enjoy being there too!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 6

Any info you have on Aberdeen Proving Ground and surrounding neighborhoods would be appreciated - you can PM me. I work on Ft. Monmouth up in NJ which is closing in 2011 and transferring everything/everyone down to APG. So I need info icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 6

thanks for the replies. I know it isn't a high crime area, I saw that on city data, I just don't know anyone there to give me an idea of schools and COL for housing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%