Please Help !!! Shiny Chocolate And Sugar Paste

Decorating By FrenchTouch Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm by FrenchTouch

FrenchTouch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrenchTouch Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 4

hello everybody !!!

I am writting from France where cake decorating does not really exist even if our pastries are good. I want to make my first decorated cake with a satin chocolate icing with chocolate and crem (shiny and creamy) and stick golden circles (made with colored sugarpaste) on it.
I have 3 very important questions...

1) Will the sugarpaste circles stay on the chocolate, since the chocolate is a bit creamy....?

2) How do I stick the sugarpaste circles ?

3) How do I color the sugarpaste: do I need ton color it in yellow then brush the golden powder or can I directly brush the white sugar paste ?

Yes, I have so much to learn... I really need your help !
Thank you very much

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 4

1)is it a ganache, or butter cream you are making? at any rate, yes they will stick...
2) stick them with whatever, left over coating from the cake, a bit of water, a bit of royal icing, some vodka. (if its a ganache, im not 100% sure how all these methods will work, id go for using the leftovers)
3) you will get the 'best' result if you colour it yellow, then paint the dust on with vodka. brushing it on dry wont give such an intense look. doing either method on white sugarpaste also wont give such a strong look, but it depends on the look you are going for.
good luck icon_smile.gif
xx

FrenchTouch Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:45am
post #3 of 4

Thank you very much !!!

I'll try this then I will post a picture.

FrenchTouch Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you very much !!!

I'll try this then I will post a picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%