Which Kind Of Carrots?

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 10:32pm by Cakepro

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 5

For carrot cake, what's the best carrot? I shred my carrots and when I use baby carrots, they melt into nothing and my cake seems like spice cake. When I've use the long carrots, they stayed firm and stringy and I don't think the customer liked it! What do you use or do to make your carrots perfect??

4 replies
Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 5

I have actually used baby carrots and the larger ones. I put them in the food processor and have no problem with either one.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 5

HeHaHaHa......perfect carrots! LOL........

I definitely prefer to shred long carrots. I don't use those expensive baby carrots at all. If the customer was not happy w/pieces of carrot in their *carrot* cake then what do they really want? A spice cake?

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 5

I buy the pre-julliened carrots in the bag! They're not "shredded" and they're all pretty much about 3" in length so there's good uniformity! And since they're julliened and not shredded, they're a bit bulkier so they don't melt away. I think they're made by Ready Pack? You know...the premade salad people?? Not 100% sure of the name...I just know the packaging when I see it! Oh...one point of clarification...they say shredded on the bag, but they look like square tubes to me, so I say they're julliened!! They're not the shredded type that you get with your food processor...

Okay...rambling...check them out. You'll see what I'm talking about! icon_biggrin.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 5

Most "baby" carrots are just big carrots shaved down to a small size.

I just grate regular ole carrots that I buy in the 1 or 2 pound bags. *Shrug*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%