Drum Kit Wedding Cake

Decorating By mrsmaynshaft Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 12:11pm by mrsmaynshaft

mrsmaynshaft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmaynshaft Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 5

im wondering if anyone has any ideas for a drum kit wedding cake? its mainly the stand im worrying about...how would i go about getting one? or does anyone have an idea on how to make one? it needs to hold 5 cakes...the bass drum upright at the front then two cakes either side at different angles?? ive seen a few pics of drum kit cakes but they are not exactly what im after...does anyone on cake central and any ideas!!!!! icon_lol.gif

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 5

wow, i think you are going to have to get creative with makng your own stand! look out for doug on here, i forget exctly what his screen name is, but he is great at figuring that stuff out.
xx

mrsmaynshaft Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 5

thanks! ive used a few of his cake sketch templates...i might get in touch and see what can come up with...good thinking!!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 5

man - I did one but don't have the pic w/me.

I'm drawing a blank on how to describe it w/out the pic in front of me. I'll upload when I get home and do directions.

But yes, my dad made the stands for me.

mrsmaynshaft Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 5

yeah if you could find the pic that would be great...theres only a few on here that im after so any more inspriration would be great! i think i'll get my brothers father in law to make one..he's a carpenter so should come out good its just that he;s asked for a sketch to go by!! arrrrggghhhh my drawing skills are no where near my decorating skills icon_eek.gif !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%