Need Craft Idea...teacher Gift From Kindergarten Kids....

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 12:14am by jen1977

jen1977 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 4

I'm hoping someone here can help me come up with an idea, because I've been thinking for a week, and don't have many ideas. My sons kindergarten teacher lost her father last week, and I'd like to make a keepsake for her from the class. Two years ago, my other son was in her class and she lost her mom. That year, I made a hand print quilt for her from the kids. I made hand print hearts, had the kids write their name under their print, and the middle square said "Our hearts are with you!" I put the squares together, and made a small quilt.

This time, I've asked the kids to all send in $2.50 to help with the cost. Two years ago, I was able to collect $12 is all from the entire class. I have $10 so far, so it looks like I'll be footing the bill for most of this one too. (Which I don't mind, I LOVE this teacher, but also don't want to spend $50 oop myself) I thought about taking their pics and printing them all on iron on transfer paper and making a pillowcase with the small pics. I also thought about making two stepping stones, having the kids put their name, and something else (not sure???), and also getting a small potted rose bush and have the kids paint the pot.

I'd like it to be one cohesive project from all the kids so she doesn't have 23 little trinkets sitting around, and would love for it to be as special as the quilt. Thanks!

3 replies
cakes22 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 4

What about a nice flower pot with the kids hand prints on it?
Or a keepsake book with a page deicated to each child? It could have their hand print & picture and a little memory from each child about what they enjoyed most about being it her class?
Or maybe plant a tree in the memory of her dad from the class?

Shelle_75 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 4

One time I saw a pillow where they had each kid write their names, and then the crafty person cross-stitched the kid's handwritten names onto the fabric. I thought that was pretty cool.

Kudos to you for doing something nice for her.

jen1977 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:14am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas! I have to decide by tomorrow since I need to go into class to do the activity with the kids before she gets back from Florida. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%