Is It Too Far Ahead?

Decorating By phoufer Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 12:35pm by phoufer

phoufer Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 11:58am
post #1 of 5

I have a bride (wedding in Oct) who would like me to do cakes for her bridal shower. I would be making bride doll cake on top of 12" round and 7 bridesmaid doll dresses. The problem is her shower is on a Sunday and I am leaving for vacation on the Friday which means I would have to decorate wed. and thurs. and have her pick up early Friday am. The cakes will be covered in fondant but they would be sitting out for 3 days before the shower. Will they be ok or should I just tell her I can't do it?

4 replies
Starkie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 5

They should be fine! But I would give the bride the info and let her make the call. Some people are REALLY picky about the freshness of their cake...

karaskonfections Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #3 of 5

I wish I could help you out with an answer for that but unfortunately I can't. But I do have a questioni for you - my cousin's bridal party wants me to make exactly what you are making for her bridal shower and I'm not sure how to go about it. Do you have directions? I bought the mini wonder mold for the bridesmaid dresses.

JenniferMI Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 5

Personally, I think you should just do a sample SOMETHING of your cake...let it sit out, and then taste it. See what you think. What might work for one, might not for another. Depends on the cake...ect...

Jen icon_smile.gif

phoufer Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:35pm
post #5 of 5

karasconfections I found these pictures here on cc to use as a guide. He

Quote by @%username% on %date%