Jacks And A Ball

Decorating By msnrozier Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 2:09pm by Anntee

msnrozier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msnrozier Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:41am
post #1 of 11

hello,

I have a cake to do with a bunch of game boards, but they also want some jacks and a ball,

can ANYONE give me a idea on how to do the jacks???????

I have the ball made, lol, easy, but the jacks are giving me a problem!

TIA

10 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #2 of 11

wow ... all I can think of is make it in separate parts, make a cross or a small "t" rolled out in a tube like form, let dry a bit & then make small balls to attach on the ends of the cross. I hope I explained it where you can figure out what I mean LOL.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:55am
post #3 of 11

Don't remember exactly what they look like but maybe you could use wire to make the shape and then cover it with gp or fondant? It's late, I'm ready for bed and that's all I can come up with. PP also had a good idea. Maybe after some sleep my brain will work better icon_lol.gif . Good luck!

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 11

This one is a challenge, but I would make them out of gumpaste or a mixture of fondant and gumpaste. Form a very skinny log (using an extruder might help you to get a consistent shape), cut into equal parts. Roll the ends rounds, using your fingers to create a small ball shape at the end and also tapering it a bit for definition.

I am a little stumped on getting them together, but I would probably indent the center so that they sort of lock together. Hope this at least gives you someplace to start.

msnrozier Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 11

Thank you all! I have a lot to try, but one mor thing is I have luster dust but can never get stuff real silver.

this jacks have to be silver.

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnrozier

Thank you all! I have a lot to try, but one mor thing is I have luster dust but can never get stuff real silver.

this jacks have to be silver.

Brush (or paint) them with silver highlighter.

txsteph Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:55am
post #7 of 11

If you use a silver marker or highlighter they won't be edible and you can not place them on the cake.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 11:49am
post #8 of 11

Mix the luster dust with vodka (my preference). Don't make it too thin but not too thick either so that it is clumping on you. And paint away. I did the handles on a purse cake with just one coat (sorry no pics - I will upload some soon).

msnrozier Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #9 of 11

Here are the jacks and ball I asked advise for! Thank you all!!
LL

txsteph Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:13am
post #10 of 11

Great Job!! It looks good.

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 2:09pm
post #11 of 11

thumbs_up.gif Well done. How'd you end up making the jacks and how'd you paint them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%